Can such kind of break be repaired?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
BrightFastWSR
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Can such kind of break be repaired?

Post by BrightFastWSR »

Hi, I use this kind of bullseye maker(see attach pic. pls) to try to make a bullseye. Image

However, occasionlly it can make a bullseye but such kind of break mostly as below:

you can see there's a lot of long thin legs showed in this break, some legs end and start again, which is very difficult to get the resin fill completely. For example, I usually can only get the resin arrive Point A and can't go anymore(which means length B can not be filled) no matter how many pressure and vacuum cycles I proceed.

How can I get such long thin legs filled?

By the way,I use a screw type injectorImage
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Can such kind of break be repaired?

Post by Brent Deines »

The length of those cracks should not pose a problem at all but if some of them are on the inner layer of glass you may not be able to fill them. However, if they fill partially there is no reason you should not be able to get air to the ends of the cracks. I'll send you a private message with some additional information that I think will help you.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
SMITHY

Post by SMITHY »

Brent Deines wrote:The length of those cracks should not pose a problem at all but if some of them are on the inner layer of glass you may not be able to fill them. However, if they fill partially there is no reason you should not be able to get air to the ends of the cracks. I'll send you a private message with some additional information that I think will help you.

Brent,

I as well have had this happen to me. Please PM too.
Jeff Smith-Owner
A + Windshield Repair
SMITHY

Post by SMITHY »

BrightFastWSR wrote:Hi, I use this kind of bullseye maker(see attach pic. pls) to try to make a bullseye. Image

However, occasionlly it can make a bullseye but such kind of break mostly as below:

you can see there's a lot of long thin legs showed in this break, some legs end and start again, which is very difficult to get the resin fill completely. For example, I usually can only get the resin arrive Point A and can't go anymore(which means length B can not be filled) no matter how many pressure and vacuum cycles I proceed.

Is this the Tri-Glass injector?
Jeff Smith-Owner
A + Windshield Repair
thechipdoctor

Post by thechipdoctor »

Slightly off topic, but, where can I get a bullseye maker here in the Uk?
Frank EU
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Frank EU »

thechipdoctor wrote:Slightly off topic, but, where can I get a bullseye maker here in the Uk?
Create one yourself, pretty easy to do at less than 1 GBP each, but why bother.
Contact Graham (Screenman)
DryStar

Post by DryStar »

BrightFastWSR wrote:Hi, I use this kind of bullseye maker(see attach pic. pls) to try to make a bullseye. Image

I've ran into these before and might have to agree with what Brent stated. If it's a inner glass crack along with the outer it would become difficult to provide a completed repair. I'll always try to fill but after after 40 minutes I will pass. It's uncommon to see these but you'll have to figure out which ones are profitable in the future and those that are not.

Nice photo opts by the way!
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Just my 2 cents but if this was in drivers view I would probably pass.Yes it can be filled very easy with a little patience.I just think that there would be to much skeleton for the driver to be constantly looking at.This also is against the law to repair in a DOT vehicle if it is in the acute driving area.I personally do not want that liability.
DryStar

Post by DryStar »

bill lambeth wrote:Just my 2 cents but if this was in drivers view I would probably pass.Yes it can be filled very easy with a little patience.I just think that there would be to much skeleton for the driver to be constantly looking at.This also is against the law to repair in a DOT vehicle if it is in the acute driving area.I personally do not want that liability.
o these dm

Bill, with all due respect...no this damage can't be filled easily. I've seen a number of this type of damage and judging by the photos it's not one that would fill easily. The way the crack lines looked...it was definitely not a normal repair. If it's an interior break....you couldn't fix it without drilling past lami, which I would never do.

Hey but it's only my opinion. I would have passed on it from the get go after seeing it! To much time spent and little dollars to show for it. Next!
robert n

Post by robert n »

Based on the measurements...this break is over 1.5 inches in diameter and the legs look pretty tight. The leg that appears to end, then continue again (located in the 1 O' Clock position)... may actually be still connected. There are some legs that "twist" and can be seen better if you look at it from different angles. The angle of the picture may not show this connection.

Either way, I too would probably "pass" on this repair.