Coitster marketing techniques Work!

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
glassdoctor

Post by glassdoctor »

You need to kindly tell this agent that he's sadly misinformed if I understand you correctly. Doesn't he realize that every car has a VIN clearly visible already? And you can't just walk in a dealership with a vin # and ask for a key. Every car thief in town would be doing this. Hello? :roll:

Where did he come up with this?
classglassrepair
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by classglassrepair »

Just a thought ... somewhere I heard that some autoglass are being manufactured now with micro vin #'s already etched in glass in different spots... This sounds a little difficult for the manufacturers to do for every vehicle... may not be true.. just throwing it out there.
CPR

Post by CPR »

Yes I know it is a long shot, but recently in Miami an employee at a Mercedes dealership got busted for making keys for a car theif. If I remember right he was getting 500.00 per key. My agent is just being careful, he does not discourage or encourage vin etching just watching his butt.
mafsu

Post by mafsu »

Micro etching on the glass may be a good idea. However the reason etching the vin on the glass is a theft deterrent is because it is visible. I'd much rather have it be visible to deter theft in the first place. Micro etching will only help catch the bad guy after your car has been stolen and parted out.