vinyl decals

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
AGSS

vinyl decals

Post by AGSS »

does anyone know if there is anywhere you can order pre made windshield repair vinyl decal for an service vehicle? Something like a picture or image of 4 different chips and 'we repair these' under it.. or anything else. any other ideas?
autocosmetics
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: vinyl decals

Post by autocosmetics »

Type "windshield repair banner" on ebay. I haven't bought them yet but I had contacted the seller about changes, so I think he'd probably be able to add whatever you might want on it.
Master chip
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Master chip »

I purchased two magnetic signs to display my business on the side of my vehicle. At a cost of $100. After thirty days I lost one. So I went to the local graphics shop in town and had vinyl decals made. Which are attached to the side back door glass of my pickup. Total cost $35. They have been there three years and gone through car wash's many many times. I also took a .jpg star break to the graphics shop for duplication. They outlined it and turned it into a decal to place along the name. Looks great, last long time and is cost effective. They come in just about any color and are easy to attach as well as remove. Since they are not one solid piece, if any portion becomes damaged it is inexpensive to replace.
screenman

Post by screenman »

Just my opinion, but I feel magnetic signs give a very unprofessional image. This is a proper business and deserves doing properly not halfheartedly.

Hard hat on and ducking behind desk waiting for the flak that will surely follow.
AGSS

Post by AGSS »

screenman wrote:Just my opinion, but I feel magnetic signs give a very unprofessional image. This is a proper business and deserves doing properly not halfheartedly.

Hard hat on and ducking behind desk waiting for the flak that will surely follow.
agreed screenman. if you are gonna be in business, then be in business. nothing says part time like a set of magnets.

that being said, my trucks are lettered i just wanted to add maybe some chip pics..mot necessarly actual pictures but maybe images..just thinking.
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

AGSS, The company who letter's your vehicles should be able to help you out with this. The people who do mine can do any type of image to vinyl or shirt.
Vikingfann

Post by Vikingfann »

When my 2nd set of magnetic door signs disappeared from my vehicle I went to adhesive backed ones. I later added a vinyl perforated back window covering that shows my business even more. I can only guess that my magnetic signs were in demand because of my company name.

Jere Ellis
Attack-A-Crack Windshield Repair
Lake Elsinore, SoCal
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Car wrap all the way !
kennycrane

Post by kennycrane »

Be careful with the magnets! I had to spend several hours scraping them off with a raozor blade and had to have my truck doors refinished. Went with a vinyl wrap and could'nt be happier! Beware of the magnetic signs they can really stick to your truck!
Dr.Chipster

Post by Dr.Chipster »

Here are a couple of links you can check out. I am not promoting them in any way just came across them when I researched vinyl lettering. Moderators feel free to remove this if against forum policy.

http://www.letteringonthecheap.com/ http://www.custom-vinyl-lettering.net/