Fleet

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Fleet

Post by GlassStarz »

First lets agree there are different types of fleet accounts the guy who only has a couple to do while you are there gets different pricing than others. Often here you see the tweedle who loudly proclames that anyone who would do a 25 dollar repair is a hack. You need to figure out the magic number for the customer each one has one and this is where salesmanship comes in. The Magic number is what he will pay and see a benifit to your service. I find in my area the truck companies on the Border like 25$ I only give that price if im going to to at least 10 while there and using 5 injectors 10 doesnt take an hour. I think a lot of guys walk past buisness not knowing how to land the fish they never throw in the line. Result is you driving by a lot of Money. I did one friday where there are a couple hundred trucks from the same hauler parked all side by side. Walked the lot found 48 trucks to do 5 hours later walked out with a $1200 check so much for the $25 repair being too low 8-)
Vikingfann
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Fleet

Post by Vikingfann »

Congrats on a great day. Was this a cold call or a previous customer?
Jere - Attack-A-Crack Windshield Repair
Lake Elsinore, SoCal
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

GlassStarz wrote:First lets agree there are different types of fleet accounts the guy who only has a couple to do while you are there gets different pricing than others. Often here you see the tweedle who loudly proclames that anyone who would do a 25 dollar repair is a hack. You need to figure out the magic number for the customer each one has one and this is where salesmanship comes in. The Magic number is what he will pay and see a benifit to your service. I find in my area the truck companies on the Border like 25$ I only give that price if im going to to at least 10 while there and using 5 injectors 10 doesnt take an hour. I think a lot of guys walk past buisness not knowing how to land the fish they never throw in the line. Result is you driving by a lot of Money. I did one friday where there are a couple hundred trucks from the same hauler parked all side by side. Walked the lot found 48 trucks to do 5 hours later walked out with a $1200 check so much for the $25 repair being too low 8-)
It is not often that I have to see a real stupid ''look at me'' post like this.
Let's just hope that you're area will be flooded with idiots doing ''the same'' like you explain in this post GlassStarz.
Why would anybody advertize this in the open?
Real silly. jmho
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

If you arent willing to pass information to others and are afraid of the competition learning some big secret that will cost you money I have to wonder what you are doing here? This is a place to learn from others and pass on any info you may have if you cant see the benefit of passing on a heres how I DO IT with a attached success example again gotta wonder what you are doing here? :lol: people get hung up on the I CHARGE THIS MUCH and miss the other stuff out there its pretty simple if you adjust the price to a area you will do the work for and the customer will pay that amount your in buisness. SUPPLY AND DEMAND. you gotta be nuts to drive out and do one for $25 but do a dozen or more at the same spot for $25 thats a well duh :)
just chippen away

Post by just chippen away »

scenario,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, That same customer now calls you to do 1 or 2 trucks and needs them done NOW!!!! and wants you to walk the lot each day to see if any trucks need work............ None for the week.... and the next week,,,,,,,,,,,,, none...... one the next....

Your answer to that?

You low-balled for a quick buck to make your weekly fix....
Just Chippen Away
Vikingfann

Post by Vikingfann »

Walked the lot found 48 trucks to do 5 hours later walked out with a $1200 check so much for the $25 repair being too low 8-)[/quote]

It is not often that I have to see a real stupid ''look at me'' post like this.
Let's just hope that you're area will be flooded with idiots doing ''the same'' like you explain in this post GlassStarz.
Why would anybody advertize this in the open?
Real silly. jmho[/quote

Frank - I know you are an experienced and respected long time member but when you come out so negative about someone sharing a windshield repair experience, it not shuts them down, it also shuts down many others that might post of their windshield experiences. That's way off the spirit of this forum and I respectfully request that you keep that in mind on any future responses.

Jere
Attack-A-Crack Windshield Repair
screenman

Post by screenman »

Well I also did not agree with the post, for one it looks like we are a scamming over charging bunch of people. Low price per unit yes, but over charge per hourly rate is what it looks like to the customer. I also agree with the next week post and have seen guys suffer it many times.

$1200 is something I have gone past many times in a day, however it was not low balling but high balling quality work spread over a few customers in the same area.

I also disagree with 10 quality repairs in one hour, I know I could do that many repairs but they would not be quality that is or sure.
SeeClearly

Post by SeeClearly »

Sounds like a decent day for you Glasstarz so congrats. I would like to say though, doing 10 trucks/repairs in less than an hour, ie. "it doesn't take a hour" is not quality repairs in my opinion even if you are running five injectors. They may look good today, but I am sure in 6 months to a year, you will begin to see the separation of the resin inside the break. I know even if trucks are parked side by side, the logistics in doing that many trucks in 1 hour is not impossible, but highly unlikey simply based on the logistics of goign from truck to truck. I know you will not agree with this, so let me say before you respond that this is simply my opinion based off how I do repairs, my processes, and my expectations on the final quality of the repair.

I run 6 injectors in my kit, and my entire customer base consists of about 98% fleet customers, and I would never sell a repair for $25. That is where salemanship comes in. $1200 is a good day, but would be even better if it were $2400. :D

Also, on a side note, were you the person that was involved with WSR at carwashes on the east coast some time back? I may have you mistaken for someone else here on the forum.
SeeClearly

Post by SeeClearly »

...I just read back and read your explaination about your dealings with carwashes in the past, so I answered my own question. The reason I asked that before in all honesty is that, again, in my own honest opinion, in our area, people that are doing the carwash thing are NOT doing quality repairs. In our area, it is a joke as to the quality of repairs being done which just makes things easier for us. :D Before anyone gets their shorts in a bunch, that does NOT mean that all of them are doing low quality repairs. We just happened to have a viewpoint that based on what we have seen, they are not quality repairs and their philosophy is to do as many repairs as possible in order to bill as much as they can, regarless of the quality of repairs.

Your background in carwashes (again based on our experiences with them in our area), along with the (what we consider) low price of the repair, along with the "it doesn't take an hour" for 10 trucks, all raise flags in my book. But, in saying that, all the more power to everyone out there working their butts off doing repairs for a living. Again, I am not attacking you, just trying to explain my thought process in what I have been reading. I hope no offense is taken. :D
Coitster

Post by Coitster »

These posts are an excelent example of why many of the veterans like myself don't talk much on the forum anymore. GlassStarz I want to let you know that I Support you. Every area of the country is different. This is also not a union so there is no set pricing in our industry. I get $50.00 bucks for most of my repairs unless its insurance but thats not to say certain types of accounts don't go for less. If I was inspecting that many vehicles sure I would give them a better discount. If a person was to do a car rental lot he couldn't get a lot per car. One of my buddies who have been banned from the forum used to do cars for $22.00 a car and did a lot every day. He made a good income. Now granted I don't do car lots but I don't think its fair for people to jump on the hate bandwagon. Its not your business. His bills aren't paid by you. He has to make his own way and decide what is his own price point. My God People we are a service business. Its not like our expensses are outrageous. I just hate it when there is an active member of the forum that tries to help people then gets crapped on.

You know its easy to sit on the other side of a computer and rag on someone. I used to make hundreds of posts on this forum but got tired of the BS that some people would put out. Now I want to let you all know that I have still been around and I respect each and everyone of you guys but have a little heart. We are supposed to be here to help each other. I will support anyone on this forum for whatever price they charge to make a living. I have lowballers in my area. I don't care, my price is my price. I come across it all the time, I sell my skill and quality and let me tell you. If you have confidence and it comes out of every pore in your body people see that. I never have a hard time selling my price. Nuff said.
David Coit
Coitster