MVP 360 Injector

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
chip-away
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

MVP 360 Injector

Post by chip-away »

What's the opinion on Liquid Resins MVP 360 injector. Is it a good piece of equipment.
bill lambeth

Re: MVP 360 Injector

Post by bill lambeth »

If you could see the resin,yes,I used it for a year but I did not like that I could not see the resin.
blind_squ

Post by blind_squ »

I had the same experience with the stainless steel injector. I sent it back but kept the bridge base then substituted the plastic "resonator" injector. With it you can see the resin and still have the advantage of the more solid lever action suction cup with leveling legs. This keeps it more solid on the glass. It also has the swivel. The injector give you the option of using dry or wet vacuum or direct injection with no vacuum. Altogether an excellent tool that I've been very happy with for almost 4 years now.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Chip I agree! I use the same setup also plus I use deltas injectors as well. I sent the MVP bridge to Oregon and Brent put their clamp and stainless steel handles on them and they are the bomb now!
chip-away

Post by chip-away »

Chip, great idea. I don't care for the injector due to not being able to see the resin and it always needs to be primed or the resin 'disappears'. Can you use the mini vac with the Legacy injector? I would think so. I'm going to send for the Legacy injector as well and try it to see if I get more satisfactory results. Thanks for the idea's folks.
Coitster
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Coitster »

I personaly use both the Delta kit and the Liquid Resin Resinator QT and I love it. Both kits will do you great. I must admit thought I use the QT almost exclusivly, but I still pull out my Delta from time to time which I have used now for over 15 years. WIth the legacy injector you can't use the vacuum pump, so don't get that one. I like how the QT is made from plastic and is so light, almost no pressure against the glass.
David Coit
Coitster
screenman

Post by screenman »

I had the blue plastic thing and considered it had tried to reinvent the wheel, way to complicated with too many seals and could certainly do nothing that my Delta injector cannot do easier.

David in what way is there almost no pressure against the glass, surely unless the injector is very heavy they all need much the same pressure to create a seal.
chipfix

Post by chipfix »

screenman wrote:I had the blue plastic thing and considered it had tried to reinvent the wheel, way to complicated with too many seals and could certainly do nothing that my Delta injector cannot do easier.
Well, I consider not having to clean the inside of the LR injector after every use easier.I haven't cleaned mine after at least 6 months of continual use,with no detrimental effects.
And I think its safe to say vertical repairs are easier with the LR.
I think you should make it clear that you sell "Delta Kits" for people who are not aware and want an unbiased opinion.
Brent always makes that clear and I respect that.
screenman

Post by screenman »

I sell Delta, the reason being I feel that after trying most other kits it offers the best in many ways. 60% of my repairs are on verticals so maybe I have the technique required.

If you have not cleaned your injector for 6 months then I would question the quality of your repairs, any resin left in after each repair will absorb all sorts of contaminants from the atmosphere. Nothing clever in my opinion about not looking after your tools.

So is the blue plastic injector more complicated? does it have more than one seal?
just chippen away

Post by just chippen away »

I also use the LR QT with the alum base for Vertical repairs. I like the part that you can see how much resin is left, and I do not have to remove everything to add more resin for long cracks... The injector can be moved verry easily to follow the crack...

Cleaning is drop it in a long RX pill container with Denature shack it around to clean and dry off for next job.... once a yr replace o'rings...

"Take care of your tools they will take care of you."
Just Chippen Away