"No Soliciting" signs....Ignore them or respect them?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Coitster
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: "No Soliciting" signs....Ignore them or respect them?

Post by Coitster »

Every business in the world has those signs. If I ever paid attention to them I would be out of business. So by all means if you are a compettator of mine please pay attention to them. If you want to ask others what they think or permission for you to earn a living go ahead. Starve, go broke and get a government job. People who say you have to adhear to them don't know anything about sales. Give me a break, respect has nothing to do with it. Just do it right.
Coitster
just chippen away
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by just chippen away »

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[No soliciting signs

No soliciting signs are intended to protect business from panhandlers or individuals attempting to sell products or services to that business' patrons on business property, thus taking potential revenue away from that business. These signs are very often ignored.

It is a common misconception that a simple "no soliciting" sign is meant to keep individuals from attempting to speak with a business owner or principal about his products or services, While this may be accomplished using a more detailed sign specifically asking vendors not to promote themselves to employees or principals, most sales professionals are taught to bypass simple "no soliciting" signs and interpret them to mean "do not solicit our patrons".

So you have no respect for others? I guess i just was raised a lot different having my father coming from a Sales world. Even in his days selling "Fuller Brush" was taught to have respect... ]

I guess that is just a selfish self centered attitude in this doggy dog world...
I know I am not respected be many here, but in some cases I do have some morals.
Treat people how you expected to be treated...

"Do not invade into my world,,,, You may not like what you get for your actions.... "
Just Chippen Away
cdirks

Post by cdirks »

Well it certainly seems there are some contrasting opinions here. That's not a bad thing though. Getting different view points can sometimes help us see the other side of the picture. That's what's great about a forum. While I like to respect other peoples wishes I did like the comment about us wsr guys being a business wanting to do business with someone to save them money. That put a perspective on the subject I hadn't thought about.
Vikingfann

Post by Vikingfann »

I stop in (in my uniform) and say "just wanted to drop off my business card". I mention that I'm also a local business and that should they need my services - all they need to do is give me a call. If there is a flicker of interest I'll continue on with a presentation. If not, I thank them and leave. Simple and effective without being intrusive (in my opinion).

Jere
Attack-A-Crack Windshield Repair
Lake Elsinore, SoCal
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Just to be currios I kept track the last couple days of the places I made a cold call none were without the sign and of the 9 places I got called back on repeat work all also had the sign :)
abcinabq

Post by abcinabq »

I've always been told the one's with the signs are the one's that can't say no to the soliciting.
They are afraid they will buy everything that comes along.
No Soliciting signs are really an advertisement to all solicitors, COME ON IN!
clearquest

Post by clearquest »

I only call on the ones with the "solicitors welcome" signs. They greet you in the parking lot, bring you a cold drink, pay you you way more than your service is worth and sometimes massage your feet. Life is good.
t4k

Post by t4k »

clearquest wrote:I only call on the ones with the "solicitors welcome" signs. They greet you in the parking lot, bring you a cold drink, pay you you way more than your service is worth and sometimes massage your feet. Life is good.
t4k

Post by t4k »

"Now that's funny right there....I don't care who you are"!
cdirks

Post by cdirks »

GIT R DONE!