I'm up and running...finally!

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
LWR
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

I'm up and running...finally!

Post by LWR »

After alot of procrastination I am finally doing this.

Today marks the end of Day 2. I will be working d2d residential. Today I secured a tent location in a small parking lot with a convenience store and a 4 pump gas station in the lot. It is also across the street from a large chain hand-carwash joint. Hopefully this tent location produces because I am not very fond of d2d residential. I believe d2d has some potential but I'm not sure yet what I need to do in order to get better at it.

D2d residential is interesting, to say the least. The first house I knocked on, I was soo nervous I literally thought I was going to lose my lunch! It's not soo bad now. I keep reminding myself that it's progress not perfection and that all successful entreprenuers fail their way to the top. Also I have no other option but this. I refuse to work for someone else again :shock:

A sincere and well deserved Thank you goes out to Delta Kits (especially Korey Gobin for all of his amazing support!!!) as well as all of you who take the time to post in this forum. I know I would have never been able to get my business off the ground if it wasn't for yall. I have ALOT to learn about this business and I am excited to see where this takes me. I will probably have many questions in the near future. Thanks ahead of time for you patience as I learn this trade.

-Nick
Mr Bill
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: I'm up and running...finally!

Post by Mr Bill »

Most of the people who call me find me on Yelp.com .
Ask your satisfied customers to recommend you on Yelp.
Good luck!
LWR

Post by LWR »

Thanks Mr. Bill. I will look into that.
timclavin

Post by timclavin »

Hi LWR,

I'm curious as to how your tent location is working out. I'm debating if that is the way I should go as well.

Any advice is of course welcome.

Thanks
Vikingfann

Post by Vikingfann »

I never went d2d residential, but I do go d2d business. I introduce myself and tell them I'm in the area doing repairs and I just wanted to drop off a business card should they ever need my services. I leave it at that and continue on unless interest or questions are raised. Businesses understand/expect cold calls whereas I think residential has a right to privacy - but that's just my opinion, others may very well disagree.

Jere - Owner/operator
Attack-A-Crack Windshield Repair
Lake Elsinore, SoCal