You offer any perks while completing a repair?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
candyman
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: You offer any perks while completing a repair?

Post by candyman »

I clean the WS after iam finished with the repair and inside where my mirror was attached. I dont always use a mirror.
Eco Steam
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Eco Steam »

We use to clean the exterior completely after the damage was repaired, but we tend to find more chips, so we now clean it prior to repairing, that way we can upsell on the newly discovered damage(s) and get those repaired for the customer as well.
sandpoint15

Post by sandpoint15 »

In today society there are rare occasions in which people/customers stop to say thanks or acknowledge the extra mile. To me cleaning the windshield is a no brainer every company should do that as a chance to properly inspect the windshield. Its the little things that add up and make the customer feel like it was money well spent. You can be the average company or you can be the best company that goes above and beyond. What if Delta Kits was just the average company??? Would we be here on this forum now?
Auto Glass Rescue

Post by Auto Glass Rescue »

Nice views everyone, this was very helpful. Thanks!
johnnyone

Post by johnnyone »

No perks, just try to offer great service and answer there questions. The custy will sometimes give me the story about when it happened. We have all heard that story..
I will usally inspect the wind shield wipers and let them know that it will be scratching the glass and needs to be replaced.
pommy

Post by pommy »

ATX & SandPoint - you both clean the screen - with what?

I'm assuming you use a wet product - so you then dry out the new chips you just "found"?

Cheers,

Pommy
If the job doesn't mean more than the pay, it will never pay more.
Eco Steam

Post by Eco Steam »

I use microfiber towels on the detailing side of the biz, so to keep things simple, i use microfibers to clean windshields as well. I spray my cleaning solution (either of these; Sprayway, soap/water solution, stoners, or the bulk 50:1 window cleaner) on my towel, then clean the window, yes its more work, gotta scrub harder, but i don't have to worry about getting any of these cleaning solutions in any of the damages.

I don't think there is a wrong way of doing this, its going to be preference. I know that some here use a squeegee prior to discovering new chips and then they have to dry the damage out, but my thoughts are, this takes a little more time because of the drying process.

Ultimately, it comes down to how dirty the windshield is, because not all windshields have so much dirt, bugs, etc....that I can't see what I'm searching for.
pommy

Post by pommy »

Thanks for the info ATX ;)

Cheers,

Pommy
If the job doesn't mean more than the pay, it will never pay more.
sgearhart

Post by sgearhart »

I have given this some thought and think blind spot mirrors is a cheap way to say thank you for your business if they don't already have them and you could save a life somewhere down the road by having done so. Just a thought.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

I am sorry but you guys are over thinking! Just do your job the way it should be done and your work will speak for itself! Sorry been doing this along time and gimmicks will not get you know where!