Novus and delta

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
bill lambeth

Re: Novus and delta

Post by bill lambeth »

Chippen what equip are you using?
just chippen away
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by just chippen away »

bill lambeth wrote:Chippen what equip are you using?

GT Spectrum
Just Chippen Away
thechipdoctor
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by thechipdoctor »

'Screenman is a sales rep'

Maybe.....but...........

When I was setting up my business in the UK I spoke to Screenman many times before I brought Delta, he did not pressure me to buy Delta, rather, he gave good, impartial advice which in the end, confirmed to me that Delta was a company I wanted to do business with, I have never once regretted buying Delta, the product is well made, the resins are excellent and the ongoing support is second to none.
BTW, I was not green coming into this business, I have been in the Windshield industry since the early eighties and have used different kits and resins over the years!
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

Just Chippen I take your remarks as an insult on my character. I have tried and tested and trained guys to use many different tools over the 24+ years I have been in our trade, I could no doubt have distributed many brands over here, I did certainly not chose Delta for my profit margins as they are not as good as many think, I chose Delta for the quality of the product and the quality of the people behind the product.

As you know as we have discussed many times on here and in private I have worked with the same tooling you use and found it not to my taste.

Yes I am sales person my business would not have grown had I not been one, however when I come on here it is not to sell Delta products but to give my honest opinions on tooling, sales, marketing, training etc.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

screenman wrote:Just Chippen I take your remarks as an insult on my character. I have tried and tested and trained guys to use many different tools over the 24+ years I have been in our trade, I could no doubt have distributed many brands over here, I did certainly not chose Delta for my profit margins as they are not as good as many think, I chose Delta for the quality of the product and the quality of the people behind the product.

As you know as we have discussed many times on here and in private I have worked with the same tooling you use and found it not to my taste.

Yes I am sales person my business would not have grown had I not been one, however when I come on here it is not to sell Delta products but to give my honest opinions on tooling, sales, marketing, training etc.
Like!
screenman

Post by screenman »

First thing I found with the Spectrum it much to long/large to be comfortable, second I found it had tried to re-invent the wheel and was more complex than was required to place resin in a hole, third I found the bridge quite a clumsy spindly things that placed to much leverage on the suction cup.

As for the Maxim I think it was called, lack of close control was my first feeling, to bulky was my second and my third was confirmed when a blow out at the seal happened whilst under pressure, all that volume of unnecessary compressed air sure made that resin fly everywhere.

I much prefer the K.I.S.S. Method that Delta have adopted.
ajaybutler

Post by ajaybutler »

For me it's Constant Never Ending Improvement! That's the reason we all are on this forum. I learn something new from you guys every time I log in! :)
screenman

Post by screenman »

So I feel basically I think you are very wrong. The only thing you need a long barrel for is to compress air, what muppet would use air to pressurize a liquid when you can use pure hydraulics. As for the rest well I will never convince you so my time would be wasted.
screenman

Post by screenman »

Please explain where using air to put pressure on a liquid has any advantage to pure hydraulic pressure. Just a clue to get 100psi on your resin using air pressure you would need to compress that air behind the resin by 6.8 times hence the need for the overlong injector. Now to provide the same amount of pressure using pure hydraulics you would need very little movement of the piston allowing for far more control.

Now I make full use of the pressure my injector creates to get the resin to flow nicely to the end of my starbreak legs, also I use this nice free pressure to compress the air at the end of said legs, when the pressure on the resin is released that compressed air really wants to get back into the atmosphere where it belongs, it does this by flowing rapidly past the resin. Now the reason the air flows back out and not the resin is because the air is thinner.

For 18 years I thought vacuum was the magic ingredient in glass repair, I now know different pressure is king.
screenman

Post by screenman »

Wrong! I have nearly 25 years in the trade not 18.

As for the rest I have made my point.