She say what I think she said?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
GLASSTIME
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

She say what I think she said?

Post by GLASSTIME »

This has now happened several times, well at least since Sept. I've called in a claim. The rep actually says the customer can have a glass shop of their choice to complete the "Repair" Or they can suggest one....

I think "Steering" may soon be more controlled...I'm sure its still happening however; this is a ever changing industry!

Has anyone else noticed this?
Chad E. Clewis
President
GLASSTIME Windshield Repair & Headlight Restoration

"Its What You Put Into It That Counts"
Eco Steam

Re: She say what I think she said?

Post by Eco Steam »

I've actually been on a 3 way call with a customer and the Ins co (SGC) and they even knew I was on the phone, and the agent was like,"Just so you're aware, you don't have to use this shop, we recommend that you use the shop we suggest!".... and they went on to tell them that Safelite is nationally known and blah....blah.....I think the only reason I was able to keep this Customer was because it was repeat customers of mine and I was coming out to detail their vehicle as well..

I'm not here to bash the above company....but on a legal level, I can't see how they can get away with what they do and how they do it.....but I've also learned in my lifetime that if you have the right amount of $, you can pretty much buy your way to the top or out of legal issues, oh well we just deal with it and be happy with what we have....right.

ATX
timclavin
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by timclavin »

I was told such activity is illegal for SCG and the others to try.

I think I would notify these people that the conversation is being recorded at the start. This might scare them off if it is in fact illegal. Might be worth a try.
the big welshman

Post by the big welshman »

Hey there, Safelite usually calls you on the same day the Insured calls and they like the appointment the same day . Take the job even if you cannot fix it that day & make the appontment with the customer, there is also a chance Safelite could be still on the phone when you make the appt with Insured, get a phone # from the Insured. Then tell the Insured that the wife is calling you or you have an important phone call coming in, tell the customer you will call them back. Call the customer back in a few minutes and set up a different appt with the Insured without Safelite still on the phone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: