New curing light.

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: New curing light.

Post by screenman »

Bill I am also doing the same as you.
t4k

Post by t4k »

bill lambeth wrote:No the battery is not included . I am going to buy the recharchable as Brent says it is the better choice.
I thought you were out of the business and glad of it. Why do you need a UV light? :?
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

I am still working the weekends for my big rental company. I dont want to burn a bridge until I make sure this bridge is what i want ! I am getting the best both worlds right now but am very tired already. I am happy so far with my new job but it is a lot too learn. My computer skills are average and this job you need to be a little above. Thanks for asking T4K ! Go Gus ! RTR!
Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill »

Using this LED light; how long should you expose the repair to UV light, before you can peel off the cure tab with ease?
screenman

Post by screenman »

Quite few variables going on here, but I tend to go 3 or 4 minutes for a confident cure throughout the break, with the light quite close. Pit fill alone it will cure very quickly. and for those who may cure under pressure this light is awesome.

Please take my comments as coming from somebody who fixes windshields, not as some may think from somebody who sells Delta. First and foremost I am a repair technician.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Like screenman said, there are a lot of variables and technicians need to always be thinking of curing the resin that is deep in the break not just on the surface, but to answer your question, depending on the batteries and resin you use you can get a tack free cure in 30-60 seconds with the light at 1/4" above the surface of the glass and batteries fully charged.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Eco Steam

Post by Eco Steam »

Got both of them today along with the suction cup grip for it....went to hunt down batteries, my advice to y'all is to do your research prior to buying, and make sure you purchase the right batteries.

After contacting multiple stores in the Austin area, I turned to Batteries Plus and they had the 18650 but it was only a 3.7 volt, they would have had to special order the 6 volt if they could even get it he said.

I went with the 123A (3.0V each) and I ended up with 4 rechargeable's and a charger.... $55 after tax! Kinda high for batteries...but the way I'm looking at it is 3 repairs will cover the cost of the lights, bracket and the batteries :-)

I'm sure I could have gone online and found some for super cheap, but I would have to wait for them to come in and at least this place is local, if they don't work....I'll take them back!

I'll post when I test the lights out, may even post a picture or 2 in use and give you my results first hand.

ATX
screenman

Post by screenman »

I paid $18 for a charger and 4 batteries online, I did not have a problem buying the original set of batteries from a local store first. They are used a lot in older style camera's so that was my first point of call.

I hope you enjoy using the new lights as much as I do.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Graham what volt did you get?
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

The CR123 Battery

The CR123 battery is not rechargeable! If you are looking for a rechargeable 123-style battery, you need the RCR123 battery.

The CR123 style of battery is quickly becoming the battery of choice for many manufacturers of high-end electronic devices. Lithium batteries can provide longer life and more power than traditional alkaline batteries, and have become popular batteries in devices such as digital cameras and tactical flashlights.

Unfortunately for consumers, "name brand" CR123 batteries can be very expensive; sometimes up to $10 per battery! At National Trade Supply, we have searched the globe to find manufacturers that produce CR123A batteries that are made in the same way and from the same materials as the name brand versions.

Our CR123 battery is rated 3.0V and 1300 mAh, and can operate at 2000 mA continuous with 3000 mA of pulse current. Our CR123 battery has thermal control protection that will automatically shut the battery off if the internal temperature reaches dangerous levels.

The standard CR123 battery is non-rechargeable, and is commonly referred to as a 123 battery, camera battery, or a photo battery.

The RCR123 Battery (Rechargeable, Li-Ion)

Do NOT use the RCR123 batteries in Surefire flashlights, or in other flashlights with incandescent bulbs!

The RCR123 battery is identical in shape & size to the CR123, but offers rechargeable Lithium-Ion technology. Our RCR123 battery has thermal control protection that will automatically shut the battery off if the internal temperature reaches dangerous levels.

Like the CR123, the RCR123 is rated for 3.0V, but is typically rated for half the capacity (600 mAh).

I got this off a web site this morning.