New uv lamp and scorpion

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
bill lambeth

New uv lamp and scorpion

Post by bill lambeth »

Last edited by Kgobin on February 17th, 2013, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed URL
benswindshieldrepair
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: New uv lamp and scorpion

Post by benswindshieldrepair »

Mine is on the way. As well as a couple of B150 bridges. Every time I see the UPS man, I chase him like a dog.
benswindshieldrepair

Post by benswindshieldrepair »

Got them yesterday! Wow! I'm very, very impressed with these products! I haven't had a chance to use the light yet but I can't wait!

Very cool, Delta Kits!
candyman

Post by candyman »

Good morning ! After using the new UV light and small holder, I dont understand why someone would use the bulky scorpion. I've used the smaller one on SUV's, Car's, and big rigs and It works great on each of them. I do need to wet the pad prior to use, so that it will hold. Sometmes it will release easy when I finish and other times, I need to slide something between the glass and pad. Brent would not have sold the new holder if it didnt do the job. Its small and fits neatly in my box. The scorpion as I said is big and bulky. I would think with all the additional weight & equipment, it could add more pressure to the WS causing stress and possible more cracking, if you are dealing with legs. Some of you may prefer it. I try to keep my cost and number of devices to a minimal. I dont need all the extra bells and whistles that I see people buying. Some of you may have deep pockets. I watch every penny.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

candyman wrote:Good morning ! After using the new UV light and small holder, I dont understand why someone would use the bulky scorpion. I've used the smaller one on SUV's, Car's, and big rigs and It works great on each of them. I do need to wet the pad prior to use, so that it will hold. Sometmes it will release easy when I finish and other times, I need to slide something between the glass and pad. Brent would not have sold the new holder if it didnt do the job. Its small and fits neatly in my box. The scorpion as I said is big and bulky. I would think with all the additional weight & equipment, it could add more pressure to the WS causing stress and possible more cracking, if you are dealing with legs. Some of you may prefer it. I try to keep my cost and number of devices to a minimal. I dont need all the extra bells and whistles that I see people buying. Some of you may have deep pockets. I watch every penny.
This scorpion has been modified and is not as long as the original. I am not sure how many repairs a day you do but with me averaging 10-15 a day the other just was not for me. I totally agree about watching your money. Each is to their own!
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

I would rather make a £ than save a penny.
DavidCook

Post by DavidCook »

I like the small holder rather than the bulky scorpion
Certifications:
Sika Urethane
Dow Chemical
Dinitrol
CRL Lawrence
Glasweld
Glass Technology