Car wash repairs

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Car wash repairs

Post by GlassStarz »

Side note when I was doing this it was a few years ago so IRS may have changed but all buisness expenses have a box to put the amount in.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

We went through a very extensive audit a year or so ago and that was one of the only things they were able to ding us for. Second cleanest set of books the auditor had ever seen but we did neglect to send out 1099s to a couple of vendors that we thought were corporations. Our new policy is everyone we pay gets a W-9, and if in doubt, the 1099 goes out.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
ProfessorCrack505
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by ProfessorCrack505 »

Thank you so much for all the information. This weekend was a real learning experience at this car wash. I learned my sign was really bad lol. I did try speaking with people after their car was washedI spoke to the ones who I saw had obvious damage. It was really hard I did not do one sale. I think I need to try and speak with them before they go through the car wash. Any suggestions? As far as the training goes I went it to san diego with gene at the crack doctor. The training on the repairs was easy as he uses delta kits. I think I need more education on marketing. Any suggestions from anyone on what they did when they started would be greatly appreciated.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

where are you located? I do sales training in the San Diego area
Repair/replace

Post by Repair/replace »

Hi,

Rent in the memo section on the check, may be variable rent based on sales--the car wash owner is not working for you. forget the 1099-- see your CPA.

Repairs mostly always of the front side-- customers usually will (never) wait on the backside of the wash, unless sold on the front side.

Water effecting repair should be torched or taped prior.

My 2 cents---Repair/replace says --- Replacements are easier for me. My man, who does the labor replacements says he likes repairs. It all depends on who's goose is getting the gold, to determine the better method. Who sweats in 100 degrees? -- I do.
Biffstermon

Post by Biffstermon »

My 2 cents---Repair/replace says --- Replacements are easier for me. My man, who does the labor replacements says he likes repairs. It all depends on who's goose is getting the gold, to determine the better method. Who sweats in 100 degrees? -- I do.

Wha?
That was cryptic. What are you saying R/R, for the less informed tech. :geek:
alamochip

Post by alamochip »

Where does one get trained if in Texas?
Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair

Post by Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair »

I respect Mr.Bill's note about clear packing tape but I always use the chips because the adbesive used is not supposed to melt into the damage. Side note to Mr. Bill, do you have a Facebook with your paintimgs on it?