just began in this field. any suggestions?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
ksanges3
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

just began in this field. any suggestions?

Post by ksanges3 »

I worked for an independent company and was fully trained by them. I was just very taking back by how they ran their company. All they did was car washes and gas stations and tried to have us push the sales. So I bought my own kit and left there and I'm going to try to succeed independently. I was thinking of way more appointments and less tents. Any other suggestions for this new guy in the field? Also I live in new jersey. Thanks ahead of time.
-Kyle
Mr Bill
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: just began in this field. any suggestions?

Post by Mr Bill »

If you know how to sell at gas stations, Why not do a few gas station sales and pass out cards to people who might want repairs done at their homes by appointment?
wilz

Post by wilz »

It has being a while for me here.

You could try the used car dealers also.
ksanges3

Post by ksanges3 »

Yeah I should do both of those and put my cards everywhere. I was also thinking about putting tents up at local events and carnivals . Anyone try that? And If so susscess or fail?
-Kyle
screenman

Post by screenman »

I have done a few evens with a tent whilst helping others establish their business, must admit it is not for me and seems a lazy way of doing business along with being very hit and miss.

Fleets for me every time, constant work 52 weeks of the year, 4 or 5 jobs each visit makes it very profitable along with nice short hours.

I live in one of the least populated counties in the UK so there are not many fleets here, but by looking hard you can find them in the least likely places.

Just takes drive, determination, dedication and then good continued customer along with quality repairs.
ksanges3

Post by ksanges3 »

yes fleets would be something i would love to get in too. now do i have to have an LLC to work with them or can i have a contract with them without actually owning the business?
-Kyle
christiem1

Post by christiem1 »

I have a friend that owns a window tinting shop, I am always hanging around there and getting business. I have a windshield repair site too that helps also.
ksanges3

Post by ksanges3 »

Yeah I am in the process of creating my own site once its done, ill post a link. If you don't mind post yours here so I can compare.
-Kyle
christiem1

Post by christiem1 »

It's a pretty basic site MobileWindshieldRepairAlabama, but my number is REALLY big, and phone calls are the most important thing. Also, notice that the domain name has the keywords that people around me search for

While you are looking at it, feel free to click one of the facebook like buttons :D
Last edited by Kgobin on May 22nd, 2013, 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed URL
alamochip

Post by alamochip »

Ok Guys Im new and about to start this summer. Any pointers? What could you tell yourself if you could go back in time and give yourself a pointer.

Also, how do you get locations?

Thanks,
Alamochip, LLC