Acid VS Non-Acid Resin

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Acid VS Non-Acid Resin

Post by GlassStarz »

That wouldnt have anything to do with acid or non sounds like you bought some bad resin. :D
impala-renegade
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by impala-renegade »

GlassStarz wrote:That wouldnt have anything to do with acid or non sounds like you bought some bad resin. :D
That's what I think! I marked 'defective product' in my claim I opened against them in paypal (autoglassrepairtechnologies stuff). I hope/expect to get a refund. They are murder to try to get on the phone or to get a call returned. I will probably buy an oz of magnibond and one of the delta acid free and see how they do!
Glasseye
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Glasseye »

There are a couple of issues worth mentioning on this subject. One is cross contamination, that means depositing resin that may be on your gloves onto other bits of equipment such as mobile phones, pens or steering wheels therefore increasing the chance of exposure. The other is the fact that hand protection, such as nitrile gloves only have a limited life span of protection as a chemical barrier, measured in minutes, making frequent replacement essential.