New WSR tech, Austin TX.

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Charlie
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

New WSR tech, Austin TX.

Post by Charlie »

Hi guys, first time post for me. Like the forum! I've been doing WSR's for a few months and am currently looking for tent sites in Austin, TX. I've found a good site that is at an unclaimed parking lot by a highway, but will need a roadside vendor permit in order to use it.. I'm working on that and also seeking gas station locations. I'm not sure yet if tent vendors are even allowed in the city limits, hard to find this stuff out.. Leaving a lot of voicemails to city officials at the moment.
ksanges3

Re: New WSR tech, Austin TX.

Post by ksanges3 »

hi Charlie,

Welcome to the forum.

I also just started with WSR and I wish you the best of luck on your travels!
-Kyle
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

I think it was you who's signature I liked and copied! :lol:
alamochip

Post by alamochip »

Hey,

So hows business? How many cars are you seeing per day. I down here in San Antonio and thinking about starting up.
Eco Steam
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Eco Steam »

Charlie wrote:Hi guys, first time post for me. Like the forum! I've been doing WSR's for a few months and am currently looking for tent sites in Austin, TX. I've found a good site that is at an unclaimed parking lot by a highway, but will need a roadside vendor permit in order to use it.. I'm working on that and also seeking gas station locations. I'm not sure yet if tent vendors are even allowed in the city limits, hard to find this stuff out.. Leaving a lot of voicemails to city officials at the moment.
Be extremely careful when setting up random spots here in Austin. You will find out very quickly that code enforcement likes to stop and mess with folks that are trying to make a legitimate living.

I started several years ago (2006) here in Austin and have found myself just sticking with mobile these days until I find a good location to offer multiple services.

I have a buddy that I trained several years ago here and he has been setting up at 3 different locations, and slowly, each location has gone away because of code enforcement.

They will write you up a warning the 1st time....

2nd time will be a fine...and my buddy had to pay $450....

So, thats up to you how you wanna play it out.

As for paying the city for a vendors license, good luck with that as well, I spent months and finally got in with someone and had to get bounced around from dept to dept to finally be told that I would have to repeat monthly, $50 each time, plus the only locations they will allow WSR to setup is an auto related business, such as oil change place, auto mechanics, etc....just gas will not be good enough.

These rules may have changed, but you'll have to check into it yourself with the city.

Not to mention the fact that a few national companies that strive on surface chips and taking advantage of the insurance companies have moved into the area a couple years ago and have kind of given the WSR industry a bad name.

Sorry if I sound like a debbie downer....but I figured I would throw that out there.

Best of luck to you!