When looking for a work/cargo van...

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
TravLikesGuitar
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

When looking for a work/cargo van...

Post by TravLikesGuitar »

What do you look for given what you've learned about the business?

The E250 style van seems to be the classic but I'd sort of like to stand out in a crowd.
Also hope to do a full vehicle wrap but that's another thread :)

Would a "mini van" with a system built in place of the seats have enough space for the tools and some glass, and maybe a popup shelter? Those Ford Transit Connect vehicles look pretty decent but still quite expensive. The larger version of that body style also appears great but again, quite a bit of money.
usmc68

Re: When looking for a work/cargo van...

Post by usmc68 »

I was told last week that the E series is being discontinued and the Transit and big brother will be the new van.
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by GlassStarz »

Everything the average guy needs fits in the average trunk or hatchback. The small Hatchback fits the small ladder /Pop-up and toolbox. A big van just sucks gas I notice the Big Guys use a HHR cargo version they wrap nicely :)
TravLikesGuitar

Post by TravLikesGuitar »

I have a first version Scion XB already, but my wife loves it and gave me pouty eyes when I talked about wrapping it and giving her my Contour.

:lol:

So many options. So much to learn. Loving it.
Vikingfann

Post by Vikingfann »

Automotive costs including fuel, maintenance, and insurance are by far your biggest expense when operating a mobile service. Everything I need including my 2 step aluminum ladder fits easily in the trunk of my 99 Camry which gets about 28 MPG. Do not buy a gas hog thinking you need the space. You might check with your insurance person to see if they have any vehicle recommendations to minimize your insurance costs.

Jere
Attack-A-Crack Windshield Repair
Lake Elsinore, SoCal