How do I determine who is the decision maker?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
chipawaymobile
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

How do I determine who is the decision maker?

Post by chipawaymobile »

Hey guys, I was wondering who would be considered the decision maker a car lots? Would the sales manager be the guy to see? Also other places that have fleets that are nationwide like auto zone, aarons, lowes, any type of franchise like that. How do I get on those lists, and who would I talk to? Ive asked the local managers and they give me the number they call for repairs, but its repairs only and i can never get a live person. I'm new to this, and would greatly appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance.
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: How do I determine who is the decision maker?

Post by GlassStarz »

Used Car manager is the guy to talk to. Have already walked the lot and made a list of what is out there those guys dont want to spend any time with you just get the job done.
chipawaymobile
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: How do I determine who is the decision maker?

Post by chipawaymobile »

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.I am applying the info you guys are giving for dealing with the sales side of this business, and it really works. Thank y'all so much for the wisdom of experience. Any idea how I can find out who to talk to on fleet accounts that are above the local store managers range of knowledge? For instance the local propane company district manager has a number she calls when there is a problem, and they dispatch someone out to fix from another location? How do i get on those lists?