Hiring a Tech

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
SuperGlassDC
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Hiring a Tech

Post by SuperGlassDC »

Any tips or suggestions on what to look for, while hiring a new tech?
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Hiring a Tech

Post by screenman »

Somebody that can sell and enjoy selling, somebody who is good at marketing and enjoys doing so, somebody who is eager to earn money, somebody who certainly does not want to work for themselves. Last but not least a person who is honest and reliable.

The repair bit, well that is not hard to do well, though judging by the poor standards in the UK you would think other wise.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Good luck with that !
Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair

Post by Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair »

First of all I would try to find a disabled vet who wants to work. In three or four years at 81 or 82 that is my dream.
wilz

Post by wilz »

screenman wrote:Somebody that can sell and enjoy selling, somebody who is good at marketing and enjoys doing so, somebody who is eager to earn money, somebody who certainly does not want to work for themselves. Last but not least a person who is honest and reliable.

The repair bit, well that is not hard to do well, though judging by the poor standards in the UK you would think other wise.
That is a good description of me. Lol
harryrat

Post by harryrat »

I would say biggest issue is trust and reliability. Especially if you are paying per invoice
benswindshieldrepair

Post by benswindshieldrepair »

The following is a copy/paste comment I posted on a topic head just a few threads below your post on the same subject with a little addition:

I've never hired nor have I considered doing so. I work 2 full time jobs and in my circle of friends it has been suggested that I do so due to the fact that I work 7 days a week. But, no one cares for your business like you do. I have a hard time trusting anyone to do work on behalf of me, therefore your employee must be one that will not steal in any way from you. They must also do quality work, show up sober, and maintain your reputation. But if you must, said employee needs to be dumb enough to not figure out that he could do this on his own for way more money after you train him and provide him with your customer list. Unless you are relentlessly busy to the point that you can't keep up, hiring is a recipe for business failure in my opinion. That goes for almost any service business, not just WSR. Sorry to be a party pooper.