mailing address ?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
muckin's

Post by muckin's »

I called Satellite to day and they faxed me 4 pages of things and they wanted me to fill them out ASAP like I was going to anyway but one question they asked was a mailing address do I need to get a PO box number or can I just use my home address for now?
Chips

commission or finders fee for having someone to replace

Post by Chips »

Hi Muckin, You should be fine with your home address. I don't think they are going to look to close or try and find out if it is a commercial address or not.

The one thing I would do is try to make it look as professional as you can.

There are many tricks such as using the term Unit or Suite instead of Apt. Or adding a suite or floor to the address even though you don't have one.

The one thing you should be careful about is local ordinances. some places will not let you run a business from your home.
glassdoctor

Post by glassdoctor »

I wouldn't even try to hide anything... they have no clue about your personal circumstances and they have no right to even ask or care, IMO.

If they think you can't run your biz from your home then they need to talk to the IRS, don't they?

Who do they think they are? #@%$&*! networks! :)
gold star wsr

allergic reaction

Post by gold star wsr »

Give them what they ask for, they just want to know where to send your checks. :wink:
dgarza
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by dgarza »

glassdoctor, I'm sensing some hostility towards the networks :!:
glassdoctor

Post by glassdoctor »

No, really???? I think they are swell! ;)
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

How does that old saying go ....

"I'd rather have a network, to service me, than a pre-frontal lobotomy?"
Coitster
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Coitster »

Safelite doesn't care if you are working out of your home. They know that I do, and they are fine with it. They just don't want a PO Box as your physical address. They want to be able to reach you if something goes wrong.
David
Coitster
Glass