injectors vs computerized

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
john eltoro

Post by john eltoro »

Does anyone have any expirience with the computerized wr systems out there? i was just curious to know the pro's and cons of the computerized vac / pressure systems as oppose to the manual injectors. any personal opinions? :
gt_repair

practice glass?

Post by gt_repair »

If you are talking about the GT eliminator being the computerized system, my Personal apoinon I would not use it.. I Personalythink a computorized syst. may not know when to shut down if a chip starts to spread into a crack..
I use the VP5000 and all you have to do is remove the presure by hand, You stay with it the whole time I also have the 20/20 injectors from Glass Technology and I to like both of them...
The 20/20 is a manual injector system and I am kinda liking that model now... More mobile. I have two of them running at this time along with the VP5000. The VP5000 moreless does one at a time then move on. I have two of them units but only use one. the other is a back-up system. and may be for sale shortly.

Maybe Grace can give her input on her thoughts also..

Hope that helps.
mafsu

Post by mafsu »

I haven't used the computerized sytems. My opinion of them is that they are too bulky for most applications. They also would seem unnecessary as great repairs can be done with manual injectors.
autocosmetics
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by autocosmetics »

I have personally purchased and used the Glass Technology Eliminator. I found that it did excellent repairs and was easy to use. On the other hand, it was bulky and took more time to set up. Sometimes if the injector wasn't perfectly placed, the pressure cycle would blow the resin out where it was supposed to seal, so I had to start all over again. I'm currently using either Glas-Weld (excellent vacuum/pressure) or the Esprit standard bridge. Esprit is lightweight, fast and simple to use. I find myself reaching for it first because of the ease of use. I get great repairs with it, and I love their resin.
gold star wsr

pressure cure

Post by gold star wsr »

I have both the VP-5000 and the 20/20 systems from GT. The only experience I have had with the eliminator is when they demo'd it at the factory. I do have their tape of the eliminator. While it is a fine machine, and does good repairs, I do not think it is any better or faster than the VP-5000 or the 20/20.

My observation regarding the eliminator is that the technician still has to know when the damage is completely filled and repaired. The machine simply cannot see if the ends of the cracks are filleo or not. Unless the technicial is properly trained, s/he might not put the appropriate attention to this detail, thinking instead that all that is necessary is babysitting it, and curing the repair.

You can purchase a number of 20/20 systems for less than the cost of one eliminator or, for that matter, for less than what the VP-5000 goes for. If I am happy with the VP-5000, but honestly, if I had it to do over, I would have bought several more 20/20's instead.
muckin's

Post by muckin's »

I called G. T. and i know that they wanted to sell sell sell but they clam

that they are the only one with a computerized wr systems and to let

customers know that i have the latest and the greatest! so if i did not

know that much about which is better and i see this repair man with

a "computerized systems" i might just be amazed and think i have the

best man to do the right job? do you think just the computerized part of

it might get me more customers
glassdoctor

sell sell sell

Post by glassdoctor »

Will your customers KNOW that you have a "computerized" system, and will they know that most are not "computerized"?

I can see that it might be eye candy in the yellow pages, etc... but I have no idea if it would have a real impact on your business flow.

Outside of ads, I doubt it would make much difference, but then I'm not trying to sell you the equipment either. ;)
autocosmetics

Post by autocosmetics »

Companies using the Eliminator advertise their business as having "state of the art computerized equipment". Maybe people think that "computerized" is better, but I doubt it. When I had my Eliminator, I didn't see people being more impressed with it. People will be more impressed by the way they are treated rather than the type of equipment you are using. Good customer service and good repairs will get you more referrals regardless of your equipment.
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

My computerized equipment consists of a Radio Shack IR thermometer. Now that really does impress folks;)
GlassStarz

movie

Post by GlassStarz »

Hmm how da heck does a computor watch and know when the legs arnt filling? how does it see that one is spreading and ya better back off on the pressure? I guess there is a reason your dentist doesnt use a computor to drill and fill as well. Hey folks this isnt a hard job or really that difficult to learn sounds like a lazy mans option to me. and quite honestly the reason I have never bought any GT products is the fact that they push that lame computor of thiers personalyI feel anyone that tells you that a computor is needed to do this job Is either working with 2 digits in the IQ dept or a con man just my opinion but hey get over it.