What would you do differently

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
yopo84
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

What would you do differently

Post by yopo84 »

Hey Everyone,

This is yet another newbie just getting started in the business. I've been soaking up some of the posts on this forum....lots of great stuff. I don't have any delusions about starting this business. I know it's going to take some determination and a lot of hard work but I feel like if the drive is there anyone can be successful. I just got my equipment in, got a couple practice windshields from a local replacement outfit, and now I'm going to use the next couple weeks to practice like crazy. I'm excited but also a little nervous. I've read a few posts with advice for the new guy. I want to put a different spin on it so I can learn from all you vets out there. Here's my question: If you could go back and do anything different when you first got started in the business, what would you do and why? I could use all the help I can get!

Matt
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: What would you do differently

Post by screenman »

I would have concentrated more on fleet customers in the early days, it took me a year or two to work out they were the secret to really good money 12 months of the year. Guess what I do now, yep nearly all fleet.
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by GlassStarz »

I wouldnt have bought that piece of s#*t Windshield Doctor kit because it as cheaper 8-)
Auto Glass Rescue
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Auto Glass Rescue »

Upgraded to a Lithium powered Dremel earlier.