NEED LIST OF NUMBERS FOR INSURANCE COMPANIES

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: NEED LIST OF NUMBERS FOR INSURANCE COMPANIES

Post by screenman »

No, I knock on doors and ask for the work. I would go extremely hungry if I depended on networks (not that we have any over here) for work.

Get out there and talk to people, every single car is a potential customer, every lorry is a source of income.

How many new customers did you call on today? Obviously if you are maxed out like some of us this may not be needed, but we have done the foot work and sad though it seems to be like us you will have too as well.

When building the business I used to try and hit 20 customers per week, as work came in I reduced this as time allowed. 28 years on I still cold call when I see a fleet I fancy or have not been into for a long time, who knows the buyer may have changed and the new one want a quality WSR company.
ColeKCG
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by ColeKCG »

Brent Deines wrote:
5star wrote:IM JUST STARTING MY REPAIR BUSINESS AND IN NEED OF A LIST OF NUMBERS FOR INSURANCE COMPANIES. ALSO I HAVE REGISTERED WITH LYNX..WHO ELSE DO I NEED TO REGISTER WITH??..PLZ HELP IF YOU CAN
Those new to the industry ask this question a lot. The NWRA is now providing a list of insurance companies to their members. The phone numbers along with the third party administrators (networks), if any, that they bill through. It is called "The Windshield Repair Technician’s Guide to Contacting and Communicating with Insurance Companies", and it is a pretty comprehensive list.

I think they just started publishing the list last summer and I just received an updated version. Is the list worth the annual dues? What other benefits does the NWRA provide that might help justify the annual dues? Every technician has to answer these questions for themselves.
I'm not able to get information from the NWRA because they are located in my hometown, it only makes sense that they wouldn't train their competition. They are playing their hand to the best of their ability as I play mine. I'd love to bounce that back to you guys here.. Since we're not doing business close by each other can anyone answer some questions I have about their program? I'd like to get my hands on the Windshield Repair Technician’s Guide to Contacting and Communicating with Insurance Companies.

I value the time anyone spends with me and I am very helpful in return, maybe we could form a partnership and swap knowledge. I am not afraid to pay for coaching or information that brings me profit.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

What am I missing here? Why would the NWRA care if you are in their home town? I've never heard of the NWRA every turning away a paying member. Are you starting an organization to compete against the NWRA or are you repairing windshields?
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
screenman

Post by screenman »

I seemed to have given some advice, not sure if it was noted or not.
ColeKCG

Post by ColeKCG »

[[[[Those new to the industry ask this question a lot. The NWRA is now providing a list of insurance companies to their members. The phone numbers along with the third party administrators (networks), if any, that they bill through. It is called "The Windshield Repair Technician’s Guide to Contacting and Communicating with Insurance Companies", and it is a pretty comprehensive list.

I think they just started publishing the list last summer and I just received an updated version. Is the list worth the annual dues? What other benefits does the NWRA provide that might help justify the annual dues? Every technician has to answer these questions for themselves.]]]]

My company is located in the same city as the glass company who operates the NWRA. I am viewed as a competitor to their business so the information NWRA provides isn't shared with my shop. I understand, business is business.

I've offered to be affiliates with them so we can work together but was denied. So I'd like to open the offer to every shop on this forum that would be interested in actively swapping knowledge on professional WRS subjects between our shops. We are stronger as friends than as enemies..

Any brother shops that want to collaborate with our company please like this post, message, or repost. We can swap emails and ideally schedule a conference call.

Shots out to Brent Deines, EMC Auto Glass and ScreenMan. I appreciate the perspectives gained through reading your posts.
ColeKCG

Post by ColeKCG »

Brent Deines wrote:What am I missing here? Why would the NWRA care if you are in their home town? I've never heard of the NWRA every turning away a paying member. Are you starting an organization to compete against the NWRA or are you repairing windshields?
I was surprised by that as well. I found out they are run by a glass shop in my town, so they told me they wouldn't want to train their competition. I run a windshield repair company with goals of expanding or replacing the services that NWRA provides. We are young educated professional and we're dedicated to our work, just looking for a bit of guidance and partnership.
Last edited by Kgobin on January 11th, 2016, 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed email address
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Here is a list of the NWRA Board Members. http://nwrassn.org/nwra-board-members/

Which one owns a glass shop in your town and is telling you they won't train their competition?

If your intention is to replace the NWRA I can see why they would not be interested in helping you do that but I still find it hard to believe they will not allow you to join and if you join I find it hard to believe all of the benefits that other members receive will not also be available to you.

What exactly is it that they are refusing to do for you?
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
ColeKCG

Post by ColeKCG »

Brent Deines wrote:Here is a list of the NWRA Board Members. http://nwrassn.org/nwra-board-members/

Which one owns a glass shop in your town and is telling you they won't train their competition?

If your intention is to replace the NWRA I can see why they would not be interested in helping you do that but I still find it hard to believe they will not allow you to join and if you join I find it hard to believe all of the benefits that other members receive will not also be available to you.

What exactly is it that they are refusing to do for you?
I am not trying to replace the NWRA, honestly I was just mad they denied me service. The glass shop that runs NWRA is called The Crack Doctor. I believe they have a great idea and would love to be a part of the expansion. They will not provide us with any information that their organization offers, although they share it with companies outside their area. I just want some information on getting my business up and running. I would love any assistance that you guys can offer me.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

I emailed one of the National Windshield Repair Association (NWRA) Board members and I was assured that they don't bar anyone from joining or benefiting from any of the services they offer.

The Crack Doctor does not run the NWRA as you can see by the list of Board members who are the governing body of the organization.

Again, I'm not here to promote or defend the NWRA, I'm just trying to make some sense out of what you are saying in hopes that I or someone else here can help you. I think someone has given you some misinformation.

If there is anything Delta Kits can do to help you get started please feel free to call us. If you want information from the NWRA, pay the $150 membership fee and joint them. http://nwrassn.org/join.php
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.