Which Kit to start with? Help

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Frank EU
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Which Kit to start with? Help

Post by Frank EU »

screenman wrote:I like to look and be professional and well equipped, and charge proper prices. No wonder this trade is so low balled in places.
thumbs up.
too many (short term) fools in this trade.
mcon80
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by mcon80 »

Calafia.Chip.Repair wrote:I am just starting out too, and have ordered my kit. I found it was much cheaper and better to order your items separately.

I may be wrong, but I think all you really need is a drill, chip and pit resin, drill tips, and a bridge. That's all I ever used on the job and I pulled 7-12 a day easily. I got a 10441 bridge, dremel 7300, delta kit resin, tips off amazon. You need cellophane off cigarettes to cover and let it sit in the sun, which is why you won't need a UV light yet.

If I am mistaken windshield vets, let me know! :oops:

Thank you for the info!
sglass
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by sglass »

Anniversary kit is 930$, better to start with all tools you need than adding tools after problems at work.
Must have drying and cooling tools.

Tomas
screenman

Post by screenman »

Calafia.Chip.Repair wrote:I am just starting out too, and have ordered my kit. I found it was much cheaper and better to order your items separately.

I may be wrong, but I think all you really need is a drill, chip and pit resin, drill tips, and a bridge. That's all I ever used on the job and I pulled 7-12 a day easily. I got a 10441 bridge, dremel 7300, delta kit resin, tips off amazon. You need cellophane off cigarettes to cover and let it sit in the sun, which is why you won't need a UV light yet.

You are so mistaken and I have a feeling that you know it.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

screenman wrote:

This rates up there with the worst post yet ! Maybe number one !
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Calafia where are you located