Registering with Safelite

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
kentcrossfit
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Registering with Safelite

Post by kentcrossfit »

I'm trying to register with Safelite and they require a car decal or a store front?? How strict are they on this? Because I have neither.
t4k
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Registering with Safelite

Post by t4k »

Why not do it right by getting what is required to run a professional business?
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

I agree with t4k. A number of forum members have posted photos of the decals they put on their vehicles. The complete wraps are very popular at the moment and draw a great deal of attention. However, some people don't want to drive a rolling billboard, so for those who want to keep a low profile magnetic signs are very inexpensive and will satisfy the Safelite requirement. Just remember that magnetic signs trap moisture and will eventually destroy a paint job if not removed, cleaned and dried regularly. Always good to have a fresh coat of wax under them before attaching as well.

http://www.vistaprint.com/gallery.aspx? ... sToGallery
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Not sure why you would want to.lots of people get into this thinking the insurance jobs will just come rolling in. Satellite is in the business of replacing and repairing windshields how much work do you think they will send you?
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Nothing ! ! But it does it help to be a preferred vendor with them when you do your insurance work.
screenman

Post by screenman »

Not sure why you would want insurance work as it is the most expensive to service, but as has been said before there are so many ways to earn in this trade.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Screen I take what I can get ! As you know I make my living off the GREEN PEOPLE . I get what you are saying for the newbie! Hard way to make a living off of insurance work ! I will say when you do fleet all day and you filter in a 75 repair it makes life sweeeet !
candyman

Post by candyman »

I use to get about 20 calls a year. Now I get maybe 2. They call when its in a remote area or they cant get to it. Some of my customers tell me they have to wait 2-5 days for them to come out to do a repair or replace. Its not worth my time, and Iam not sitting by the phone for them to call.
kentcrossfit

Post by kentcrossfit »

t4k wrote:Why not do it right by getting what is required to run a professional business?
Well my car isn't exactly a great car. I'm not going to wrap my business name on a car that I'm driving till the wheels fall off (and it's getting there). I got everything else. I also figured out I don't really need it.
kentcrossfit

Post by kentcrossfit »

GlassStarz wrote:Not sure why you would want to.lots of people get into this thinking the insurance jobs will just come rolling in. Satellite is in the business of replacing and repairing windshields how much work do you think they will send you?
Oh, I don't really want them to send me customers. I want to be able to bill customers through them to the insurance company. I'm not counting on them sending me jack.