Registering with Safelite

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Daveycrewcut
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Registering with Safelite

Post by Daveycrewcut »

Why would you even consider joining the Safelite network? First of all, aren't you trying to build your own brand? If so, then why endorse the brand of your biggest competitor? You will just be allowing them to use your endorsement to advertise Safelite covering more territory.

Next, according to the anti-trust laws it is considered price fixing when two or more competitors agree to certain pricing without justification. What possible justification could there be?

Have you actually read their Network Participation Agreement? You will be agreeing to allow them to do your warranty work at your expense. You will be agreeing to let them deduct chargebacks for failed repairs that you won't even get to inspect from future jobs for other customers.

You will be agreeing to allow them to inspect your company records and to give them your company records (on Safelite jobs) if you leave the network.

You will be agreeing to do Insurance and FLEET work at the rates set by the Insurance companies and FLEETs.

You will be agreeing to not use sub-contractors.

You will be agreeing to not assign any receivables.

No attorney worth his salt would advise you to enter into such a relationship.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Which I why I say Use ACT and forget about it. 8-)
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Why would you use ACT for SGC claims ? That is money thrown away. I totally agree with ACT or another edi third party for the rest because you don't have any other choice unless you want to invest a lot of money in software . I have never had a chargeback except on Lynx services. I don't consider SGC my competitor ! That would be a stupid statement to say they are ! For me being a preferred vendor has made my insurance work a lot easier !
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

I use them for anything why do more than dial the phone and hand it to the customer?
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Why pay them 2.95 ? SGC will pay your invoice with no charge unless it has changed.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Absolutely no paperwork submit nothing that's not worth a small fee to you? My time is valuable to me when I put the tool box in the trunk I don't spend another minute on work. Go home sit down and submit some junk isnt worth my time. Act makes doing insurance work a no brainer
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Glass it takes like 2 minutes to submit on the SGC website per claim . Maybe I am thrifty but yea I will do it myself and save 2.95 a claim ! I don't have to have all that policy info and junk you have to have with ACT . All I need is a signed invoice and a vin number which I take a picture of as well . I don't pay people to do what I can do myself. By the way I will be paying only 1.25 from now on Lynx jobs and not using ACT . I keep my business lean with expenses and watch every penny ! I did not get to where I am at by throwing money away on things that I can do myself . I am very old school . Probably a lot like Brent.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Whatever works for you.
dc2001
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by dc2001 »

bill lambeth wrote:Negative ! 2.95 ! You can do SGC yourself I use ACT for EDI ONLY !
That's exactly what I do to.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

FYI you can get it for 1.25 and I changed yesterday !