Been getting screwed by the lighter

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Been getting screwed by the lighter

Post by screenman »

Funny that, since I changed away from a vacuum system to a more effective hydraulic one I have found that the vacuum one did not work as well. The need to pull vacuum first is a myth, and a good sale stalk that pulls many in.

Side by side testing here with committed GW guys have them buying Delta off me in a flash.

I also do not need heat very often and I use it even less on a star break.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Yea ! Ok ! Whatever !
clearquest
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by clearquest »

Heat in the use of a lighter can be a good thing in some instances. The problem is most people apply way to much heat when doing this. If you have heated to the point where legs close up and temporarily disappear, you have over heated the damage. Moderation is the key.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Welcome to fantasy island scientists have proven in all cases a fluid flows into a vacuum better. You do know the world is also round right? Can you do a great repair without vacuum of course. Claim basic science isn't true well that's another story.
screenman

Post by screenman »

I found the high vacuum one's lacked the hydraulic pressure I like. Now if you want to talk vacuum, can we also talk volume, over to you.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Lots of vacuum equals the need for less pressure ! I wick all day with little pressure because not needed . It is like we have said a million times " chevy or Ford " I will say though since I switch to GW I find less flexing and scribing needed ! We all know with any good injector if it sits on there long enough it will fill (most of the time). NO I am not trying to start a crazy debate about who is the best . I will say with NO doubt that Delta and LR are the BEST at customer service . Brent and Jim are both great men in my book! Now with that said GW is probably the worst customer service I have ever received ! But I love their product and it feels right to me!
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Pretty sure when I pulled a injector under pressure off this morning because I was stretched out and didn't want to move to the other side it squirts about 6 ft how much pressure do you need?
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Glass are you using LR ?
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Resonator Lr
Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill »

it squirts about 6 ft
On a rezinator QT , you just apply plunger pressure until the hole in the end seal dilates.
You don't need a lot of pressure for the resin to work its way into crack legs and voids. Just give it some time.
Also, you could be using too much resin
I would be afraid of an unstable crack getting longer due to too much resin pressure,