Soliciting permit in southern california??

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
kentcrossfit
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Soliciting permit in southern california??

Post by kentcrossfit »

Has anyone in southern california solicited without a permit? They require a pretty hefty permit fee of about $220 for a permit, and I'm really not in a position to pay $220 for the permit. That's not even taking into consideration that all of the information you put on the form will become public (SSN, DOB, pretty much everything to steal your identity). Do you guys just go business to business without a permit, or do you call and make appointments before going business to business? I have no idea what the result is for soliciting your business to another business without the permit, and I can't really find any information on it.
candyman

Re: Soliciting permit in southern california??

Post by candyman »

Contact Korey from DK; He is in San Diego now. I will be there in a few weeks checking things out. My son lives there and is attending SD University .
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by GlassStarz »

We are not soliciting not sure what town you are in. Not sure you have a understanding of what we do or how it is done. Going to set up shop in a tent or car wash you need a buisness licence going mobile the same. Solicitors license us for the door to door guy selling a tangible product not a service. I'm in San Diego
Coitster

Post by Coitster »

Personally in the 23 years I have been in this business I have never gotten a permit to go out and hunt for business. Now if you are setting up at a location you may need one but for just going out and looking for business you don't need it. Almost no one ever goes out and gets one.
David Coit
Coitster
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Dave I'm not sure this guy has a understanding of what we do. :?
kentcrossfit

Post by kentcrossfit »

Perhaps I just look up the rules more than anyone else. Because San Diego strictly states that they require a soliciting permit when going Business to Business, or door to door selling ANYTHING, supplies, services (windshield repair), tangible items. I would find it and post it here but it took me a bit of digging. I'm well aware of what we do ;) However, I've been going to businesses without any issues. So maybe it's just not really a "known" thing. Hell it took me forever to find it.
candyman

Post by candyman »

It would be my luck someone stopped me and asked for it. A business license is required or a one day permit to sell anything in my county. If you have more than 2 yard sales in a year , a business license is required with a state tax ID. A guy from the next county was doing windshield repairs at the gas pumps here last summer and a city inspector saw them and had them arrested on the spot. $200 fine plus court cost, plus the cost of a permit for that day or an option to pay for a business license for the city and county business tax registering. The guy told me he was never coming back. Its just a matter of which cities enforce whats on their books. I see state inspection stations for vehicles let people drive off with fogged headlights. They should never have passed. I will be in San Diego in a few weeks. Iam looking for a house across the border or just north of S.D. I may rent. Iam retiring for the second time and plan to contimue the WSR & HLR business in that area. I was in Palm Coast Fld this weekend and the city was beautiful, Housing was cheap compared to California.
Granddaughter lives there and my son in S.D. Iam like you. I check to see what the requirements are to do business. Have a great day.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Sorry scooter but this guy here earns his living cold calling San Diego. You don't understand I guess so I will break it down for you. You do not sell a product that is what a solicitors permit is for. You need a business license all businesses send out salespeople to find potential clients be it insurance or AUTO details. Good luck competing with me in San Diego :-) I could point you in the direction of a carwash or two where you could work. Or work for me at a service station or truck stop. You really should look into working for someone I'm nit sure you understand business well enough to go it on your own.
kentcrossfit

Post by kentcrossfit »

candyman wrote:Contact Korey from DK; He is in San Diego now. I will be there in a few weeks checking things out. My son lives there and is attending SD University .
San Diego State? I goto USD right now. I tried to get into State but they denied me lol. They said it was some application error or some crap.
candyman

Post by candyman »

Its hard for me to keep tabs on my son since he is 28 now. He was a premed student last year, then, all of a sudden he changes his major to World Business. He is suppose to intern this summer for an investment firm in SD. He works full time also. I make the trip every year and Iam bringing his daughter with me. Her mom is Navy, stationed in Palm Coast, Florida. My wife is an IRS Enrolled Agent, and will be taking a seminar while in SD. I have some free time. I'll try to locate you. Have a great weekend.