Let's here your plan for this damage!

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Let's here your plan for this damage!

Post by screenman »

Clarity, that is a lot more than I have had go in 26 years, there again we do not get the heat here.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Heck I bet I am around thirty in ten years and yes some from the hammer ! But totally my fault on those with the hammer ! The number you crack really depends how many you repair a day !
HBCC
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by HBCC »

Clarity Glass wrote:HBCC I've never cracked a chip out by using slide hammer on original break. That being said there are additional stresses from heat and manufacturing on edge of w/s so proceed with caution. The only chips I've had grow with slide hammer are from drilling tips. I've had 17 w/s crack out in 11 years...it happens.
Thanks for the info Clarity.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

bill lambeth wrote:Heck I bet I am around thirty in ten years and yes some from the hammer ! But totally my fault on those with the hammer ! The number you crack really depends how many you repair a day !
Whilst I agree on the number bit, there is normally a reason why a something runs and noticing it before it happens helps.

Also I suppose what are we calling a run? 1/2 or 6 inches.
kennycrane

Post by kennycrane »

Easy fix as long as it is not on the inside layer. I find that they fix better in the dark area, clear up to the point that you have to look hard to find it when you are done. Just make sure glass is not to hot.
clearquest

Post by clearquest »

they dont "fix bettwe in the dark area". The scarring can be less visible due to the black background but you should use proper and adequate procedures to make sure it is completely filled. Damages close to the edge in the black perimeter band can be at a higher risk of a crack out so dont be fooled by the illusion of an "easier fix".