cleaning

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
jdn
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

cleaning

Post by jdn »

Just got my kit today. The instructions say to clean the injector with denatured alcohol. What's the best way to do this?
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: cleaning

Post by Brent Deines »

Fill the Jar about 1/4 full with denatured alcohol, separate the injector parts, drop in jar, screw on lid, shake gently a few times, remove the injector parts, store in a vertical position with knobs up until ready to use.

If you need to use the injector right away blow the alcohol off all parts with compressed air to make sure they are completely dry.

If you have a spring loaded injector rinse the plunger in alcohol in the compressed (vacuum) position first, then in rinse again in the relaxed (pressure) position before removing and storing in a vertical position with the knob up. Always store the plunger in the relaxed position.

If doing several repairs, one immediately after another, it is not necessary to rinse after each repair. Just blow off with compressed air between repairs

If you have a spring loaded injector never turn the plunger or complete injector upside down. This way if any resin gets inside the mechanism it will drain out.

Always store your injector out of sunlight.

If you use canned air be sure it does not contain any oils or other additives.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
candyman

Post by candyman »

I was typing Brent and your post popped up. You must be working late: Have a great week. Hot on east coast.
jdn

Post by jdn »

Thanks for the quick reply. Is canned air the best way to go for a mobile tech?
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Denatured alcohol is a must for cleaning. Canned air is optional but handy to have for a quick cleaning between back to back repairs and for drying quickly after cleaning with alcohol. I carry both.

We pay about $3 for a 12oz can of Dust-off that lasts quite awhile but if you have an air compressor at home you might consider one of these. http://www.canlessair.com/Buy-Canless-A ... -Hurricane Less expensive over the long term, does not freeze up and more environmentally friendly. Both are available on Amazon.com as well.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
jdn

Post by jdn »

Ok I'll look into that. Thanks again.
salvatoreali

Post by salvatoreali »

I have a portable 2 1/2 gal air tank from harbor freight that I simply recharge with my home compressor.
Also I find it unnecessary to blow injector out after each use. I get at least two repairs from each loaded injector this way.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

I only clean my injectors at the end of the day . I pull my tip out after each repair and wipe dry . I use EcoVac injectors . I as well use denatured alcohol to clean with.
salvatoreali

Post by salvatoreali »

Re: unecessary? I use your (delta) injectors exclusively and even with the texas heat as long as not exposed to sunlight injectors have sufficient resin for more than one repair so I do not blow out after each use.
I use denatured ( rubbing ie isopropyl does not work well although I know some guys use it) alcohol at end of day.
By the way I have an excellent reputation both with my wholesale accounts and the public so no I am in no way compromising quality. I am not fond of wasting resin.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

I understand that not all Delta Kits users clean their injectors as recommended and most never experience a problem, however our recommendations are based on the fact that nearly all warranty claims on Delta Kits injectors are due to a failure to clean them frequently and properly. There is very little else that can go wrong!

Follow whatever advice you choose, but remember, the warranty does not cover failure to properly maintain the tool in accordance with mfg recommendations.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.