RAIN EX or LOOK A LIKE Product

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
the big welshman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

RAIN EX or LOOK A LIKE Product

Post by the big welshman »

Sirs-- I am finding that a lot of DETAIL COMPANYS are using a Rain ex or a look/like product to clean there vehicles @ a car/dealer and it spreading on to the Windshield of the car it can be a pain in the butt to remove this product when curing a windshield on your finale step .I am wondering if any body else is coming across this @ Car dealer .the main way to remove this product off the windshield is to use a 0000 fine wire wool :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Ender
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: RAIN EX or LOOK A LIKE Product

Post by Ender »

I can't say that detail companies in my area use it, but I will occasionally see trade-ins come in with it. Rain X makes their own product to remove it (X-treme Cleaner). I personally keep a bottle of 'No touch GS8 Auto Glass Stripper' in my truck. It can be found at most auto stores.
h2oman

Post by h2oman »

I always use the 0000 steel wool. I use to ask folks if they use any Rain-X or similar products and they seldom said yes, then after the repair and final curing I could not get the curing tab to set correctly so I always just lightly touch up the area in the beginning and have never had a problem since. :)
LARRYDIESBACH

Post by LARRYDIESBACH »

the big welshman wrote:Sirs-- I am finding that a lot of DETAIL COMPANYS are using a Rain ex or a look/like product to clean there vehicles @ a car/dealer and it spreading on to the Windshield of the car it can be a pain in the butt to remove this product when curing a windshield on your finale step .I am wondering if any body else is coming across this @ Car dealer .the main way to remove this product off the windshield is to use a 0000 fine wire wool :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
I use rubbing Alcohol to strip rain x so that resin will stick to cure. I always touch the windshield before working on it, a very clean car 1st thing i ask was do you use rain X. I also tell people in my spiel of what to expect that if there is rain x it can effect the outcome.
old school

Post by old school »

I don't think I have ever had this issue, thanks for the info.