Cooler Temp Repairs

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Frank EU
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Cooler Temp Repairs

Post by Frank EU »

where are you located, h20man?
clearquest
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by clearquest »

That wasnt meant to offend you Mr Bill. Im not suggesting that the forum go to archives only. I'm giving the user another option that opens up the entire topic, past and present, of all advice and ideas on that particular topic. It's not a topic with new technological advances and it gets covered by active forum users year after year. If I were a newbie or someone looking for advice on a particlar topic I would turn to the search function in the same manner that people use search engines like Google and Yahoo to find information and answers over the internet. It's there for ease of use and it has a an important purpose.
Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill »

When I was a new guy, I spent many hours reading and re reading the archives, and I gained a lot of knowledge about WSR by doing so.
I also called Deltakits tech support when I struggled with a difficult repair.
At the same time, I still liked to ask a lot of questions on the forum too; and from other techs that I have met.
I guess I liked a lot of inputs from diferent sources.
WSR is a trade where you never really stop learning, or polishing your technique.
Anyway; all is forgiven :)
Best wishes and happy repairing.
t4k

Post by t4k »

Mr Bill wrote:When I was a new guy, I spent many hours reading and re reading the archives, and I gained a lot of knowledge about WSR by doing so.
EXACTLY !!
h2oman

Post by h2oman »

Mr Bill wrote:
clearquest wrote: To be criticized for recommending it's use is rather silly.
Well, we don't want to appear silly. Do we?
In future if someone has a question pertaining to Windshield Repair, I guess we should just look it up in the archives, or call for tech support.
Thank you.
Well said Mr. Bill. Have a nice day!
h2oman

Post by h2oman »

Frank EU wrote:where are you located, h20man?
Southwest Missouri
LARRYDIESBACH

Post by LARRYDIESBACH »

h2oman wrote:Not really sure what good the forum is if folks don't continue to discuss things. We all come across different issues from time to time from pricing to repairs of certain vehicles to the equipment we use. Things change in life daily in different ways in different parts of the country etc. I think it's obvious that many come in here to seek answers without feeling some what embarrassed to ask what may seem like a silly question to some. I personally check the forum daily to see if I can still learn something at my age. No one knows everything even though there are a few in each of our lives that think they do.
I can go lots of places and search for topics and see what others may have said in the past but, just in case someone else might be looking over our shoulder, wouldn't it be nice to offer some type of direction for them? In this forum?
I personally think use of forums is way down this year if you look at the other industry forum on one there is virtually no one posting there, but maybe 4 people. On the other forum it is all filled with people complaining about something, I had never been here before and never knew about the site.
AZoneAutoGlass

Post by AZoneAutoGlass »

h2oman wrote:Ok so the weather outside is getting colder and before to long the temps will even be below freezing. How about some tips on the do's and dont's as we go into the change of seasons? :)

I work in AZ, but I have a buddy in MI which does windshields. He tells me he uses Sika 220+ not sure of that reason maybe for that weather. So he puts the urethane in a heat prior to arrival and says calls the customer maybe 10mins prior also and has them warm the car up so that the existing urethane warms up and gets easier to cut. Like I said I work in AZ. sorry don't have many tips for that climate.