DataTranz

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
CrackedUp
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by CrackedUp »

Various companies sell software (around $50.00) that you install on your computer. Once on board with that company your invoices are transmitted via your internet connection. All you have to do is type in the necessary required information that is on the referral/authorization sheet that the insurance company has faxed to you, along with customer policy #, and full VIN. You send it through and a series of transmittal messages will show acceptance (or denial if you have entered something incorrect!)
It's fast, easy, and like I said, $0.75 per invoice.
Repair1

Post by Repair1 »

Who sells the software for $50.00 I would be intrested I didn't know we could get it that cheap hell last time I checked it was thousands..

Brian
autocosmetics

Post by autocosmetics »

Same here, when I checked into doing my own EDI billing, software was $500-$800 and up. Right now I'm using GlassComp at $2.50 an invoice.
gt_repair

direct bill letter

Post by gt_repair »

I think crackedup is crackedup. There is no software for that price... I also use Glascomp. Simple and on the ball with my faxes.
desertstars

Post by desertstars »

I'd be inclined to agree with the thousand rather than the fifty bucks.

Now, I've become a lurker waiting for what software and where it can be purchased.
CrackedUp

Post by CrackedUp »

EDI Direct...thousands? You're kidding, right?
CrackedUp

Post by CrackedUp »

Ok, since you've painted me as a liar....I guess you all must be right.
Yep, that's right, I paid thousands for my software!
I'll just keep right on doing my $0.75 billings on my thousand dollar software!
Maybe some of you will do a little simple homework in regard to EDI Direct and find out for yourself.
My lips are now sealed on this issue. Good luck!
StarQuest

Post by StarQuest »

When I ran a full glass shop we used Mainstreet EDI software which cost around $850. On top of the initial software cost we also had to pay a renewal fee every year which if I can remember correctly I think was $180-$200. Never heard of anybody paying $50 for this.

CrackedUp, if you honestly found this EDI software for $50 I'd love to see your source as I'm sure everybody else on this forum would.

Can you help us with that?
Repair1

Post by Repair1 »

Crackedup, I have asked you two different things you have yet to give me an answer on either question.

One simple little Question if you have purchased software to do EDI billing why would you have to pay .75 per invoice if you own the software? That comment makes absolutely no sense at all to me, why don
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

So, CrackedUp,

You don't really "own" an EDI system, you purchased an EDI client that interfaces with another company's EDI billing system, and in addition to paying them for the license for the client fee, you pay a per invoice fee as well.

This makes sense to me, and at the rates you have mentioned, seems like a pretty good deal if they get things done for ya!!!