DataTranz

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Delta Kits
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Delta Kits »

Glass Medic wrote:how do you fax an invoice? Do you just take down the ins info from the customer, then fax the invoice later?
Yes
Glass Medic wrote:Do you still have to call the ins company for authorization for the repair?
Yes...Well, yes and no. It's technically possible without calling, but if you're signed up with the network, call for authorization while you're with the customer, write the auth # down.
Glass Medic wrote:It seems to be a good deal to get the software for $50 and pay .75 per invoice
Sounds like a great deal! Unfortunately, I don't think it's realistic at all.
Glass Medic wrote:If I do EDI billing, do I need to join the Safelite and Lynx networks?
Yes
Delta Kits, Inc.
mgburks
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by mgburks »

Cheapest software in this catagory I've been able to find is Datatranz glass shop deluxe. About 349.00 plus annual payment of 100.00. Nags look up with edi ability. Your looking at .89 instead of 7.50 manual fax to lynx/sgc or 2.50 to just fax to Datatranz for edi. Watch out for insurance company discount.State Farm for example made it sound, on the phone, like their offer and acceptence agreement PAYS 63% it really discounts 63% .If you don't bill correctly (absolutely correctly) they will reject it. Datatranz seems to work quickly though. If you waive deductibles watch out, insurance companies pay about the same as a cash job(one that is able to compete in my market that is) I just ran into this and have to re-bill a coupla dozen invoices. Really shot my margin because of waived dedictible amounts. Damn. Well back to work,just thought I'd share.