DataTranz

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Talbert

Post by Talbert »

Tried using the search feature but no luck. Can the poster who mentioned using DataTranz tell me how they like the service? Their web site mentions a 2.00 or 3.50 fee when faxing in invoices. Is that fee in addtion to what the networks charge? Not clear on how they work together. Would appreciate any clarification. thank you
glassdoctor

Post by glassdoctor »

Their fees "replace" the network fees.

The networks don't charge fees if you use electronic invoicing ($$$ software).

So services like Datatranz do the EDI for you and charge you less than the networks would.
Repair1

Post by Repair1 »

I had used Data Tranz about 2 years ago. I really had problems with them I found glass comp to be a lot better there number is.
1-309-263-8620

I think there even less money I fax my invoices I'm paid in 2 to 3 weeks works nice.

Happy Repairing :wink:

Brian
desertstars

failed bullseye repair

Post by desertstars »

Ah so, Repair!.

DataTranz is pretty seemless now so they probably worked out the bugs.

Intend to check out GlassComp.

A buck here and a buck there is one more beer here and there.
chip-gone

Optic-Kleer in the U.S.

Post by chip-gone »

I've been submitting my invoices through GlassComp for a few months now. MUCH cheaper than faxing to Lynx. I've submitted both Safelite (I'm not a member of the network) & Lynx (network member) invoices. I usually get paid within 2-3 wks. GlassComp also sends itemized invoices, highlighting how much you save each month by using their serivce. I've been happy with them so far.
glass tek

Post by glass tek »

chip-gone
You say you submit Safelite invoices even though your not a network member? Does GlassComp need a parent ID # from Safelite? If so, how did you get one?
Repair1

Post by Repair1 »

:-k :-k Jim,

Now if you talk about direct billing insurance companies all the time why would you use data tranz or glasscomp :-$ . Or is what I am hearing that you only direct bill those not on the networks list?
Now that
desertstars

Post by desertstars »

I direct bill depending on the circumstances. We still belong to Lynx because I haven't noticed any inclination for them to steer that causes me much concern at this time. Additionally, we receive leads from them.

Incidentally, it's not necessary to belong to Lynx in order to bill through them. One must, however, conform to their pricing policies.

As for the other network, I enjoy tweaking their nose and bypassing them at every opportunity. I always verify coverage with the agent and then send the bill along with my letter to either the agent or the national glass desk.

When the agent reads the letter, it strikes home.

After all, would an American Family agent be willing to walk across the mall and show his customer list to the Farmers agent?
CrackedUp
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Rent-A-Car Companies

Post by CrackedUp »

We use EDI billing. Only costs us $0.75 per invoice.
Delta Kits
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Delta Kits »

CrackedUp wrote:We use EDI billing. Only costs us $0.75 per invoice.
Can you explain that a bit more for members who may be interested, such as how you create your EDI invoices?
Delta Kits, Inc.