Combination chips

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Combination chips

Post by Brent Deines »

I emailed you my direct extension. You can post a photo if you want but I'm always hesitant to make recommendations based on photos. Other forum members might chime in and offer their opinions though.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Combination chips

Post by screenman »

There is always the possibility that one leg is not connected, a magnifying glass is great for helping to see this. I must admit it does not happen often, but they are out there.

Try this little trick to give you some idea of how deep the crack is behind the surface, stand staring at the crack from directly above it and place a scribe on the line you see, now move your head to view from different angles leaving the scribe in the same place, you will see that the scribe look like it moves away from the crack, unless of course it is a surface crack. This really makes seeing a inner layer crack easier with a little practise, again something we do not see a lot of, maybe 1 a year.