Door to door selling a scam?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Door to door selling a scam?

Post by Brent Deines »

I don't know if anyone else saw this but it is a little frustrating to me. http://www.news4jax.com/windshield-repa ... e/35405784

While it could very well be a scam there was absolutely no evidence of such in the video. We have customers who go door to door and are very successful. They are legitimate businesses, they dress professionally, act professionally and they save their customers a great deal of time and expense by pointing out repairable damage in a windshield and repairing it on the spot. Of course they offer to bill the customers insurance company as well and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I wish the newscaster would have taken a little time to investigate and present both sides of the story. Pointing out that you need to be aware of scammers in this and every other industry is important but it's unfortunate that it was presented the way it was. It's only a scam if someone is being dishonest.

I wish my tire shop would come to my house and point out that my tires need to be rotated, then offer to do the work for me while I'm having dinner or watching TV. And if they could offer that service with no out of pocket expense to me, so much the better.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
LARRYDIESBACH
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Door to door selling a scam?

Post by LARRYDIESBACH »

The media is such a pile of garbage. I bet you money what really happened is some shop is mad about the people in the area tells there friend, hey call into the news etc... and the media will eat right out of your hand because they are fear mongers..