Garage Keepers Insurance

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
sunshine wr

Garage Keepers Insurance

Post by sunshine wr »

I have an account that is going to start requiring $100K in a GK policy. RLI only writes to $60K. Any one here using or know of a $100k GK policy writing ins.co.?
Dave M
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Garage Keepers Insurance

Post by Dave M »

Unless you are working on really expensive cars (over $100K) I see no reason to have that high amount for Garage Keepers Ins.
Are you sure it wasn't Commercial Liability Ins. that they were requiring? You know what G.K. covers, right?
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

Umm yeah... I know what's covered. If the account requires you to have GK to work on their property you get or move on.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Brent Deines »

I would just call a local independent rep that can check multiple companies and compare prices for you.

I would have asked the same question as Dave. I've often been required to carry $100,000 or more liability insurance but I've never even been asked to show proof of my garage keeper's insurance. I have always carried it but never been asked. Do you get this request often?
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.