Paying employees

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
DRWVU
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Paying employees

Post by DRWVU »

How do some of you pay your employees? Hourly, salary, commission, salary + commission, etc.? Do you give a W2 or 1099?
old school

Re: Paying employees

Post by old school »

I pay my guys commission, and when or if its slow I also buy them lunch, I also pay in cash.
Texasguy

Post by Texasguy »

Cash is always nice ! There are main companies in the city I live in , one of them pays hourly , and the other commission. The hourly company pays 11$-13$ / hour , giving about 38 hours /week . And the commission guys pay 20$ per repair . I think both seem good enough to keep an employee around , as long as you treat them with respect and have them at a fairly busy location (commission) , but I think I'd rather work for you for the cash ! Ha!

Texasguy
ExpressWR

Post by ExpressWR »

Paying $12.50 per hour plus a commission. $5 for each of the first 3 windshields per day, $7.50 for 4-6 windshields per day, $10 for 7+ windshields per day.

8 hours x 3 windshields = $115.00
8 hours x 5 windshields = $137.50
8 hours x 9 windshields = $190.00
Texasguy

Post by Texasguy »

Once again another idea from Express I really like . You got your numbers together ! I think it's maybe a little high , but not much , and looks perfect to get and keep some good employees . I'll have to remember that pay scale when I start using employees !

Thanks
Texasguy