Securing a location for a fixed location

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Texasguy
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Securing a location for a fixed location

Post by Texasguy »

So I'm ready to get started ... But after I buy all necessary equipment and after I pay off all of next months bills , I will have no money ! I'll have everything I need except the most important part , a location ! Ofcourse , I'd love to already have enough money set aside to secure a location easily with an agreement from a property owner , but what if that's not possible ? Has anyone had any luck securing a location to set up and work at without having money down ?? Does anyone think it's possible to make a deal with a property owner without 1st months rent in hand ? Or should I just wait until I actually have enough ? It's frustrating Bc in ready now ! , but I don't want to make the common mistake of starting a biz undercapitalized . And to make things worse , I don't feel like the companies I'll be approaching to make a deal with , will take to kindly to a company that's not already established and not prepared financially . The locations I plan on approaching are big businesses and might not even give me the time of day .... Any advice from anyone ? Thanks very much ..

Texasguy
old school
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Securing a location for a fixed location

Post by old school »

Some spots want cash upfront, usually they have been doing it awhile and had issues getting paid.
Find a location and befriend the owner, tell them you are new and you want to be a business partner, you will pay him X per repair and your plan is to help his current customer but also bring them new business and customers.