Best places to hand out business cards?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
RonLove
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Best places to hand out business cards?

Post by RonLove »

In addition to car lots and insurance offices, what would be some good places tomorrow to take my business cards? Is leaving 10 or so at multiple gas stations or local stores a waste? Thank you.
ghost rider
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Best places to hand out business cards?

Post by ghost rider »

Handing out business cards to anyone and everyone is never a waste especially if they are willing to display them for you. Just my opinion here, but I don't think you're ready for that. Your last post said you don't have your tools yet, and that means you haven't practiced enough. Why are you looking for business if you're not ready to do it? You will find people that want you to do a repair right now on the spot. How would you handle that? Car lots, fleets and even some ins. agents will want to see a demo of your work. I don't think it would look too good if you have to say " I don't have any tools and I don't know how to do a repair yet ". You have to be able to deliver what you're selling, people don't like to wait.
RonLove

Post by RonLove »

Thank you, and you are right. I got my kit yesterday and did my first practice repair, I did pretty awful. So today I will begin my real practice and get more comfortable before I actually approach the public. My practice try was another good reminder of why obtaining business insurance is important! Thank you for the advice.

ghost rider wrote:Handing out business cards to anyone and everyone is never a waste especially if they are willing to display them for you. Just my opinion here, but I don't think you're ready for that. Your last post said you don't have your tools yet, and that means you haven't practiced enough. Why are you looking for business if you're not ready to do it? You will find people that want you to do a repair right now on the spot. How would you handle that? Car lots, fleets and even some ins. agents will want to see a demo of your work. I don't think it would look too good if you have to say " I don't have any tools and I don't know how to do a repair yet ". You have to be able to deliver what you're selling, people don't like to wait.
Boris

Post by Boris »

As far as soliciting new dealer /car lot accounts I've never been asked to do a demo. But it does happen so you do need to be prepared. Once in a while they just say go to work. Also for personal cars some will stand there watching & questioning you. Not to be pain but just out of curiosity or they have nothing better to do. Of course some just want to be a pain. :D

Insurance is not so much for my work but for the vehicle I'm working on. Nothing will ruin your day like backing into a light pole or getting clipped in the lot w/ a $40K dealer car. Especially for the few dollars (in comparison) you're making on a repair.