Discount Card Referral Program

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
CrackedUp
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by CrackedUp »

We have had great success with a Discount Card Referral Program in our area. We have attractive counertop business card holders for special discount cards that offer customers a 10% discount when they turn the card in to us for a repair. We have asked over 50 different businesses in a 4 county area to allow us to place these card holders in their business. For allowing us to do this, we pay them $5.00 for every repair we do as a result of a card that was turned in from their business. Since our normal rate for standard rock chip repair is $49.95, the cash customer can get it done for $45.95 with the discount card and with the referral payment back to the business that the card came from, we are actually doing the repairs for $39.95. Here is why we work this program this way....about 75% of the customers who pick up a discount card end up using their insurance after we explain it to them and then the discount doesn't even apply! It's still worth the $5.00 we pay back to the business and it gets us a lot of new customers which as we all know is the key to future business! Anyone else do such a program?
Repair1

insurance direct billing letter

Post by Repair1 »

Cracked up,
I kind of do the same however I do it just verbal with service writers. Would like to see a copy of what it is you have. If you could e-mail a picture or a scan of what it looks like that would be greatly appreciated.

Cash Repairs for $49.95 how would it be :cry: I see you don't have the $9.95 king in your market.

Thanks In Advance

Brian
desertstars

(FREE WINDSHIELD REPAIR) STREET SIGN RESULTS

Post by desertstars »

Good one, CrackedUp.

Even if you end up charging a standard insurance rate of $60, you also end up receiving $55 after paying the $5 to the lead hound less EDI fees.

Not only that, we've found that in a goodly proportion of cases, there is further damage on the w/s the customer is not aware of which adds another ten or twenty bucks to the invoice.

Damage which is usually in the frit area and most likely to result in an eventual replacement.

Cheaper than the yellow pages and works for me unless my math is fuzzy.
CrackedUp
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by CrackedUp »

yes, desertstars. it's effective for the reasons you mentioned. Over half are muliple damage and it all adds up. For the record, the cheap guy who sits out on the edge of town doing cash only jobs and says "insurance work is too much of a hassle", does his repairs for $39.95. I'm at $49.95 and most people don't seem to bat an eye. Besides, 70% of my work is insurance jobs so I'm glad he thinks it's a hassle. And the biggest benefit to my program is NEW CUSTOMERS! Once they are mine, once they get good quality and exceptional service, they are mine for good! Oh and the other guy just sits in one spot and the customer has to go see him, while I'm offering mobile service.