insurance direct billing letter

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
mgburks
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by mgburks »

No, not refusing But I am having to send a guy around to pick up 6 or 7 checks from the customers. I called them all and explained the deal and they all agreed to contact me when the check comes. But still if some decide to get squirrelly what are my options? Is there problems with lynx ?
We are in the process of the offer and approval process with SF and were thinking we might sign up with lynx also. We have fairly large volume of sales for a three man operation with our advertising and don't really have time to play phone tag on every insurance claim. The SASE idea might be an option. Thanks for the quick response (5 mins or so)lol
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

Whew :-& ,

For a moment there, I was thinking that SF had changed their policy and was refusing to even send payment to the insured!

Personally, I've had little problem with the SASE approach, especially after I lerned (the hard way;) that even with an assignment letter, SF would still send the check to the insured.

Like the Coitster said, once you are approved by SF, they should start sending the checks to you. As for LYNX, Jeff had a discussion with them at the last trade show in Orlando and posted the highlights of that discussion in a sticky thread (above).
Julie

Post by Julie »

from letter:
We fully understand and completely agree that the third-party billing concept is advantageous for both the insurance companies and the glass shops.
I don't understand how a third party billing company is adavantageous to glass shops.

I understand I can edit the letter to suit my needs, but I would like to understand the thought that a network should exist at all, if anyone would care to take the time to explain.
StarQuest

Post by StarQuest »

Julie,

I can't really speak for Desertstars but I think what he meant was third party owned glass shops! If you ever write again Desert.....please correct me if I'm wrong :wink:

When I ran a independant glass shop the third party billing concept was never advantageous for us. Actually quite the opposite. Within 2 years I lost the majority of local insurance business to third party steering tactics. That's why I closed the doors. Can't compete with the big dogs when they are the first to make contact and direct the sale.
DaveC

Optikleer rubber boot replacement

Post by DaveC »

I believe that DS was referring to the "Utopian" third party billing concept where the third party has no connections with specific manufacturers/shops and does not ever attempt to steer.

This "Third Party" would solely exist to reduce the overhead of Insurance Companies by maintaining a professionally staffed call center and centralize billing. This same party would benefit glass shops/repair shops by quickly validating the status of the insured and providing a cost effective interface for billing that is fair to all:)
Julie

Post by Julie »

Thank you gentlemen. :) (Darn, I had this tiny hope that someone would say something enlightning and I would suddenly see the benefit and then my life would be easier!)

I guess it is pretty unanimous among WSR shops that the only thing a network does for us is reduce the hassle of dealing with the insurnace companies. A hassle they created.
mgburks
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by mgburks »

Exactly