insurance direct billing letter

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
desertstars

Post by desertstars »

I've had many PM requests for the letter I use when direct billing insurance companies.

(I also enclose a short form signed by the customer authorizing the insurance company to pay Desert Stars direct. An advisable addition.)

Use the letter either verbatim or tailor it to your needs.

Dear Mr. Insurer:

Your company utilizes [Glass Network] to administer payment of glass claim repair/replacement invoices.

Although we would like to cooperate with you in that regard, we can
MadMike

Post by MadMike »

Thanks Desertstars...I've been wondering how I'd draw up my letter, appreciate you sharing.
Repair1

Post by Repair1 »

Jim,

As much as I hate to :o I must admit thats a good letter I shouldn't be surprised coming form you the master of words.

PS: Can you tell I had another Rain/Snow day dam it's cold here today. :-s
desertstars

Post by desertstars »

Actually, Brian, I slap-dash stuff together and Jeff edits it.

You should have seen the original missive--contained a lot of uppercase characters like asterisks, dollar signs, and stars representing words not found in a standard dictionary; no diplomacy whatsoever; and even some extremely close-up pictures of the south ends of various mules heading north.

The guy does a masterful job of choke-chaining me when I step out of the circle.

Thank the Lord.

Us dogs that hunt need to be kept on a short lease.

I did it again--went off on a tangent. No need to reply or this thread will thicken to the girth of a ship's dock-rope.
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

One suggestion Jim, ......

Could you not change your "little" assignment statement to reflect my company and mailing address? My wife, horses, dogs and parrot would greatly appreciate this minor change, and I might even consider covering your printing expenses!
Julie

NWRA Membership

Post by Julie »

Very diplomatic letter. (I can just see the original draft, pictures and all! :P ) I applaud your restraint.

Thank you for sharing this with us. I will definitely be using it.
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

Oh yes,

DS is the very epitome of restraint and diplomacy at all times;)
mgburks
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: staples sheets

Post by mgburks »

I like your letter and it states the facts concisely. Only problem is they still won't let you bill direct (at least State Farm won't without an offer and acceptance form filed with them). We started a week ago and have had numerous customers covered by State Farm. State Farm refuses to send the bill direct without the offer and acceptence. It is almost impossible to deal with one or two bills much less eight or nine a week! It seems like if you want to stay in business you have to deal with them. We're seriously considering signing up with lynx. Any comments?
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

mgburks,

OMG! You've received a claim#/dispatch#, sent them an invoice and they are refusing to pay either you or the insured?
Coitster
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Coitster »

You can still be signed up with State Farm and not be set up with lynx. If you are in a situation where you are not with State Farm make sure to give the customer a self addressed stamped envelope. Just let the customer know that when they get the check to endorse it over to you. Thats all, no big deal.
David
Coitster
Glass