Screw type vs spring type injector

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
jdn
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Screw type vs spring type injector

Post by jdn »

Screw type vs spring type injector. What's your preference? Screw type is all I've ever used and I'm happy with it.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Screw type vs spring type injector

Post by Brent Deines »

As a technician who used a screw type injector for many years I'm still rather partial to them myself. When Delta Kits introduced the spring type injectors, gosh I don't know, 15-20 years ago, they took awhile to catch on but at one point we actually stopped selling screw type injectors because almost every customer preferred the spring type. Whether do to price or other factors the screw type injectors made a come back a few years ago and although we still sell more spring type the gap seems to be closing again.

In my mind there are advantages to both so it really comes down to personal preference. When I do a repair these days I grab which ever injector is closer to me at the time so it's hard for me to try and sell one over the other but if I had to guess I would say that if you are used to using a Delta Kits stainless steel screw type injector you probably won't see a lot of benefit in a spring type injector. If, on the other hand, you have been using a platic or aluminum injector, or even another brand of stainless steel injector, you might notice a consideral difference do to plunger and end seal differences. We still take a lot of screw type injectors in on trade towards the spring type so if you want to try a spring type and you don't liike it you are welcome to send it back within 30 days for a full refund.

I should add that individual owner operators are almost always very happy with the spring type injectors but I often recommend the screw type to companies with multiple technicians who tend not to be as likely to properly clean and maintain their equipment. The stainless steel screw type injector is simple to use and just about bullet proof!
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.