How many Lynx claims do you submit?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.

How many Lynx claims do you submit monthly?

Poll ended at March 17th, 2017, 2:19 pm

0 (I do not submit claims through to Lynx)
11%
1-5
44%
6-10
33%
10-15
11%
16-20
No votes
21-30
No votes
31-50
No votes
51-100
No votes
101+
No votes

Total votes: 9

Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

How many Lynx claims do you submit?

Post by Brent Deines »

I'm interested in knowing how many Lynx claims forum users file each month. I can't do it in the same poll but I am also interested to know which parts of the country have the highest number of Lynx claims, what percentage of your insurance claims are through Lynx, and if submit your Lynx claims by EDI so any additional information you feel inclined to provide will be appreciated.

Because my focus has been on product sales for the past 20+ years we don't do nearly as much service work as we used to and we file far fewer Lynx claims but I think that has more to do fewer insurance carriers in our area billing through Lynx than anything else.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
ChampionCHIP,wsr

Re: How many Lynx claims do you submit?

Post by ChampionCHIP,wsr »

I used to do a lot more maybe 30-40 than as years go by ins. co. leave lynx and go somewhere that never but very rarely calls claims in to me. which has not been awful get work other avenuesie:large high end dealerships and rental companies
only thing tht bums me out is how much more that other co. pays$ 5-20 more in most cases
ghost rider

Post by ghost rider »

Only had two Lynx claims all year last year. Dropped EDI billing and pay the 7.50 fee for faxing the invoice. About half of my claims go through SGC and HSG, the other half are direct billed to the ins. co. I got out of the State Farm O&A program so the very few State Farm jobs I get, the agent sends the invoice in for me.
Clarity Glass

Post by Clarity Glass »

Once Allstate and State Farm left Lynx claims are few. I don't know the exact percentage of Lynx claims but I would guess 10-20%. Large majority of my invoices go through SGC and HSG edi. Most of my Lynx claims I process through GlassComp. Most of my Lynx claims are for Hartford, Country Financial, & American Commerce.
fhburris
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by fhburris »

"Back in the day" Lynx claims were huge ( say 40+/month) with State Farm being the largest portion. Then about 10 years ago, when they stopped waiving deductibles, the bottom fell out. Then other events began to happen, i.g. Allstate left Lynx and went to Safelite, as well as local decline in SF policyholders. So now average is probably 7/month.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Thank you for your participation in the survey and your additional comments. I had hoped more forum members would participate but I really appreciate the input from those of you who did.

We just received our first Lynx customer in months!

Hopefully the lack of enthusiasm on the forum lately is a sign that windshield repair technicians are so busy making money they don't need any help with their businesses and/or have no time to help others. :) With all the snow many parts of the country received this winter we are already seeing an increase in rock chip repairs and anticipating a great year for windshield repair technicians in 2017.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
ghost rider

Post by ghost rider »

Brent, would you care to share with us why you wanted this information?
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

A lot of customers ask us for better insurance billing solutions, particularly for Lynx, so we are always looking for new ways to help them process claims quickly and save them money. However, we don't see many Lynx claims ourselves these days so I was trying to get a better feel for what others are experiencing.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Dempsterglass
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Dempsterglass »

I maybe do 15-20 a year through Lynx.
They don't cover repairs here and a lot of State Farm insureds seem to have high deductibles so most of the jobs go cash.
I easily do 60-80 State Farm cash conversions a year.
the big welshman

Post by the big welshman »

Sirs Good Evening Re the above Over the years I use to do a lot of repairs for LYNX ie Met life now with Safelite Amica & Plymouth Rock but everything has dried up Lynx tend to use the Franchise Shops ie Novus and Supper glass To me Lynx is DISCRIMINATING against the non FRANCHISE SHOPS .I am wondering if anybody else has a problem with LYNX also the price for a repair has not changed for years :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Lynx is CHEAP on the pricing for a reair