drill slid

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
joeym056
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

drill slid

Post by joeym056 »

Hey guys. I want to know what I can do to repair a few little chips where my drill slipped next to the crack i was repairing and put a few chips in the windshield. I initially pit filled and polished but looks bad. Any ideas?
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: drill slid

Post by screenman »

I would suggest that you have done all you can, I would have dampened the bottom of the pit with Magnibond prior to pit filling.

Have you worked out why it happened?
joeym056

Post by joeym056 »

Yes I worked out the drill issue. Smh. Appreciate your input. Now my issue is getting work. I have been handing out cards to a lot of lots trying to get work, cant do a demo because its been raining every day for over a month.
kennycrane

Post by kennycrane »

The drill skipping across the glass is never a good thing, something that we just cant do, it causes a lot of damage that is simply not repairable. While you are waiting for work to come I would practice, practice, practice. Pass out those cards try and have a professional quality card and know that you more than likely will not create your business overnight. Be patient, work hard and most important do quality work and in time it will come your way. I have been in the business for 9 years it only gets better each year.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Brent Deines »

joeym056 wrote:Yes I worked out the drill issue. Smh. Appreciate your input. Now my issue is getting work. I have been handing out cards to a lot of lots trying to get work, cant do a demo because its been raining every day for over a month.
You can do demos on practice glass, pull a vehicle inside, use a tent, etc. In Oregon you have to be able to do repairs rain or shine or you starve to death.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.