The Elite UV lamp from DK

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
benswindshieldrepair
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

The Elite UV lamp from DK

Post by benswindshieldrepair »

Wow. So I sent in my old 12v light to DK last week because it was not working, even after replacing the bulb. Its probably 10 years old and has seen some use. I thought they could repair it, and they could have but they talked me into the Elite UV light, which I just received yesterday. I used it today and I am shocked!! It is so powerful. It is LED and has an aluminum casing and it is absolutely top notch. I won't say that I went against the standard 5 minute cure rule, but honestly I don't think 5 full minutes is necessary with this light(any insight on that?). You can also use a standard wall plug-in if you need to. Just another innovation that keeps DK at the top of he heap of relevance in this industry. Nice Job guys!!
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: The Elite UV lamp from DK

Post by Brent Deines »

Thanks Ben! We recommend a full 5 minute cure because not all resins cure at the same rate, not all UV lights have the same output, and when curing through the first layer of solar green glass in a windshield up to 70% of the UV light is blocked, so many lights, especially some of the inexpensive battery operated lights, need that much time. However, as you mentioned in your post, the output of the Elite UV light at least twice as high as most UV lights available and more than 10 times higher than many battery operated lights so you can do the math but surface cures are achieved in just a few seconds with the Elite.

We did a lot of lab testing and have been testing the Elite in our own shop for months but we haven't had a lot of feedback from the field yet so please keep us updated on the performance, durability, etc. We think it will be a big hit but there is always room for improvement so your suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Do you have snow in the Flathead valley this year? We thought we might get a little for Christmas but it is sunny and warm today.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
benswindshieldrepair
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: The Elite UV lamp from DK

Post by benswindshieldrepair »

Haha! Brent we have over 2' of snow in the valley! Its snowpocalypse out there! I will keep you updated but so far I am very impressed. Great job with this light!