Lynx Network/ GlassComp EDI Question

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by GlassStarz »

I use Act and am very happy with the service I find having someone else do all the paperwork and approval stuff gives me time to work and earn more$
As far as having to separate yourself to get on the systems alone I have found that not to be the case maybe state insurance laws apply?
scratchy

Post by scratchy »

I was talking to one of the guys at ACT the other day and he said there are many techs who do their own calling to get approval, take down information and either call them in the next day or fax them in for the 7.50 per invoice. He even emailed me the forms to do it. Seems like a logical next step after getting familiar with all that is involved. How are you guys who do it all yourself find dealing with Progressive? Seems like a nightmare wondering if they are even available to give an authorization number. Many times ACT has to call back the customer a day later, long after the job is done.
Talbert

Post by Talbert »

I have done numerous Progressive jobs in the last 2 weeks. The only problem is that they ask way to many questions of the customer before handing you off to the network. Try to use the customers phone to make the call. It is a long one! :) But they do pay $59.95 for 1 repair.

Didn't have any problems other than the long phone call. Last one, I just let the customer make the call while I did the work. I explained to him what to do, and he brought me my invoice with the reference number on it. :lol:
Glass Medic

Post by Glass Medic »

I know the subject has been beaten dead, but I'm still confused on how to start. Lynx and Safelite say I have to be in business for 1 year to sign up with them. GlassComp and DataTranz say I have to sign up with the networks before I can use them. So it seems that I have to use ACT for the first year or else do cash only jobs. I've read through the insurance posts before, but there are so many conflicting opinions. Some of you say to bill the company directly, but when I called a few of them, they direct me to a network. It seems like a catch-22 paradox. :roll:
Doug
mgburks
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by mgburks »

You can tell them you have been in business for a year.
WIN-1

Post by WIN-1 »

If you just started, aren't you in your first year of business?
Tell them you've been doing fleet work & cash jobs for over a year and now want to join the network!
Ken