Lynx Network/ GlassComp EDI Question

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Talbert

Post by Talbert »

I am getting insurance jobs that are under the Lynx network. I get the dispatch number, then come home and find the dispatch sheet waiting for me in the fax. I insure all the info is on the invoice that is required, then fax all back to Lynx on the fax number listed on the dispatch sheet.

Now for my question because I am cornfused :) Should I continue to do things this way, or should I use the GlassComp EDI system. Am I missing something here?

For those who log onto the internet to track lynx dispatch/Jobs, how long after faxing in the invoices does it take for them show up in the system?

Making a little money on paper, but haven's seen any in the mail yet :D
Talbert

Post by Talbert »

I think I just found out the answer to my question: Lynx charges $7.50 to process a fax, whereas Glascomp only charges $2.25 :D

Do I have it right?
Delta Kits
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Delta Kits »

Exactly right :)
Delta Kits, Inc.
jroske

Post by jroske »

Does Lynx and GlassComp Support the same Insurance Companies?
jroske

Post by jroske »

Forgot something... Do you still have to be a member of Lynx, Statefarm, Allstate and Safelight if you use and EDI company such as GlassComp.

Also, If you use ACT, do you have to sign up with Statefarm and Allstate?

I have been reading the forums under "insurance" and I think I am more confused than before.
Coitster

One year minimum

Post by Coitster »

All GlassComp does is convert invoices to EDI format. They are not a network or anything like that. The problem with ACT is if you sign up with them you can't get signed up on the network by yourself. You have to actualy dissasociate yourself with them first.
David
Coitster
Glass
AutoEgo

Post by AutoEgo »

Not entirely true Coitster. I signed up with ACT when I first started because quite honestly, I didn't know any better. I then got approved on LYNX, SGC, State Farm and Harmon and never had to disassociate myself from ACT. I just went about the Network approval process and all is well.

Sean

Any word on the marketing manual Dave? Just curious.
Coitster

ACT...

Post by Coitster »

Hey Sean,
Everyone that I have ever talked that has used ACT where told that they couldn't be on the networks seperate from ACT. Interesting, and the the manual, the first one is done, the other on is on the way.
David
Coitster
Glass
mgburks

Post by mgburks »

Guess I was lucky to miss ACT.
I saw it ,but never looked into it.We have glass shop deluxe. EDI .89 cents. If you can afford it get the pro version . It exports to quick books and is enabled for Glaxis
thedentdude

Post by thedentdude »

You can also use Data Tranz. http://www.datatranz.com I use thier paper EDI and it cost $2 per invoice. Seems to work fine for me.
Tony DiLorenzo
The Dent Dude
http://www.thedentdude.com